expo5.0 done- what classic ford next? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

expo5.0 done- what classic ford next?

Update:

I realize most of this stuff seems unrelated to this thread, but let the stuff I am doing demonstrate that i'm serious about this project!

Found a house to rent with unfinished but very clean basement (read- part storage)and an over-deep 2.5 car garage. Will be moving in just over 4 weeks. Very much looking forward to having a place to work where i can work every day before work and do in-depth stuff etc.. It has been 25 months since i had a garage to work in other than my parent's (and that has meant "commuting" to be able to work on stuff).

Also, i picked up a 1999 Tahoe today for $3200!!! very clean body and interior, 170k miles "sl" trim level (but with power cloth seats, tow package, compass mirror etc.). Will need new tires soon and i may go up a couple of inches as well before choosing tires- but want to keep it at a good height for daily driving/towing. I know it's not a Ford, but it's hard to argue against the reliability my family saw with our 344k mile and still on stock motor and tranny 1998 suburban...

I will be hopefully finding a trailer by end of next week.

Parting out of the Explorer will hopefully start more seriously 6 weeks from now or so and then i'll just be trying to stockpile $ to pick up the car or shell for my project. Hopefully, i can find a "car" that doesn't have too many of the parts i won't need (motor, tranny etc. etc.) and won't have to basically buy that and then part it out as well- would def. prefer to only part 1 vehicle.

-drew

picked up a trailer

move in friday

looking at getting a new welder and a plasma soon

need to get a new battery down to the explorer and get it running and over here

i know this is a old thread but, the hot rodders in nz are now using mitsi L300 van chassis (as it has IFS) and all you have to do is weld in new mounts for your running gear and upgrade your brakes yes ford 5 stud pattern i think the wheel centres are slightly different & jaguar XJ6 IFS rear ends

Back