JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Just thought I'd post a couple of pix of my latest project...

What is in the car now:

4156oldmotor1.jpg

What I'm building to replace it :D :smoke: :

4156newmotor1.jpg

4156newmotor2.jpg

Whaddya think???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think im jealous, i used to love working on my 66 they are so easy. What other plans do you have for it?

this thread is worthless without specs. :D

The motor isn't that wild. It's a 289 with all new components inside. Pistons, valves and crank are stock spec. Cam specs are .448/.472 wit a duration at 0.050" of 204°/214°, Edlebrock Performer intake, Barry Grant Demon 525 4bbl (on backorder :( ) , Summit Harmonic Balancer, and Tri-Y ceramic coated headers. Right now the tranny is a C-4 (shifts like someone rebuilt it with a shift kit) with 2.80 open gears in a 8" rear. I'm probably going to put 3.55 gears with a limited slip in, and we may switch over to a T-5 Tranny.

sounds like a sweet ride.....it does not have to be all that wild of a motor, thoes cars weigh nothing....the t5 idea is what me and my dad our planning for ours...the tall 5th gear would be really nice on thoes long highway cruses....cant wait to see in tucked inbetween thoes fenders. :D

Well, it's in! :D :D :D :burnout: . There have been a couple of small changes since I last posted. I switched from Tri-Y headers to Mac Long Tube headers because the Tri-Y headers wouldn't fit on the car with the power steering, and I also switched to an Edelbrock 600 cfm 4bbl because the Barry Grant was defective (no idle). I also installed a 1 1/4" front sway bar, a 1" rear sway bar, a Currie 3.27LS 8" rear, a transport bar, a Monte Carlo bar and some other small goodies.

Here's some pix of it installed. Haven't got the exhaust hooked to the headers yet, so it sounds like a stock car right now. Runs great and pulls strong! I'm also waiting on the braided fuel line to finish it off. Had braided line on with the BG carb, but the Edelbrock carb has the fuel inlet on the other side, so the line wasn't long enough.

4156engine_in_1.jpg

4156engine_in_2.jpg

4156engine_in_3.jpg

That's sweet jeff! Nice job!

What do you think is faster... this or the Mach?

Mach without a question! Better technology, better at applying power to the road, more horsepower...

Back