Figured I'd finally join the forum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Figured I'd finally join the forum

ModularFan

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey guys, new to the forum just thought I'd say hey. I own a 2006 Explorer XLT 4.0 v6 4x4. I also own a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor and have had many other Fords in the past (I have owned 19 cars in total). I have major plans to swap the 4.6 from the Vic to the Explorer and put either a 4v or a supercharged Cobra engine in the Vic mated to a tremec t56 manual trans. One day I'll be able to afford it lol. Anyways good to be here finally, hope I can learn some stuff from you guys.

Anyone from Cincinnati or Ohio on here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. :chug:

Sounds like a nice project. I've got the DOHC motor in a Mach 1. If you can swing it, go for the supercharged Cobra engine... The DOHCs 310hp wasn't bad for '04, but it's not up to what the new muscle cars are cranking out. It's horrible that the new Mustang's V6 makes as much power as the DOHC :( I feel so inadequate ;)

Should be interesting project, even for others to learn. Looking forward to it..

Back