Fitting 32's on a ST w/ 3 in lift???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fitting 32's on a ST w/ 3 in lift????

lazlo609

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Sport Trac
Hey guys I have an 08 ST with a 3 inch Truxxx lift but I'm looking at some AT tires. I narrowed it down to Dick Cepek Fun Country-II's sized at 265/75/16. What are my chances at the 32's fitting WITHOUT any rubbing? Let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the lift it should be okay. My neighbor has a regular '07 Explorer with 265/70-17's, no lift, and says they don't rub. Sure do fill up the fenders though.

Thanks! I decided on 265/70/16 though.

i see you have a gibson exhaust on your AT how do you like it? I only have a v6 so thats the only brand that makes an exhaust for me

Thanks! I decided on 265/70/16 though.
Post a picture some time if you can. I have to get a set this year and I want to have a larger tire.

I fit 32 with no lift on my sport

i see you have a gibson exhaust on your AT how do you like it? I only have a v6 so thats the only brand that makes an exhaust for me
It makes a V6 sound as good as it ever will. Picked up 3 mpg on the highway, city mpg is no different. Slam dunk to install.

Post a picture some time if you can. I have to get a set this year and I want to have a larger tire.
537619_10150857967649858_556870267_n.jpg

Whats the front look like?

Wow, the silver and black goes really well together - nice ST.

Looks great!!! I never did find any smoked taillights. :(

Looks great!!! I never did find any smoked taillights. :(

I bought the spray and did it myself. Buy a can of Niteshade spray from an autoparts store (I went to Advanced Auto) its somewhere around 10 dollars and will get you a good 5 coats on each tail light. I only used it for 3 on each and they came out really nice... only bad part is that they fade over time so you gotta re do them (mine just started fading and its been over 6 months)

Whats the front look like?

I can post a pic in the a.m. and is USF University of South Florida? I'm coming down in august for college in Boca is there anywhere to go wheeling?

I really like that ST. I'm not a huge fan of stock STs so any modified ST I see I really appreciate. You could have fit 32s fairly easily, I could fit 32s on my 97 Mounty with 2" of lift with minor trimming (a little plastic tag on the side skirt thing). But I really, really like the tire/rim combo on your ST. Very clean.

I can post a pic in the a.m. and is USF University of South Florida? I'm coming down in august for college in Boca is there anywhere to go wheeling?

Yeah, I have no idea cause Boca is about 3 hours southeast USF is in Tampa

look good

I like it, looks good.

Near Boca there is the Big Cypress National Preserve, which is a legitimate OHV place, one of the few in FL. Redneck Yacht Club is a private place really close to Boca, but they are only open like once a year. Also, North Port (aka Nopo) is well known for offroad areas.

There is no place sanctioned to offroad in Nopo, but the Yorkshire Street area (north side of i75 - NW corner along i75 is the part with most of the interesting stuff) is basically a gigantic offroad area. It used to be a really big offroad area, especially with ATV guys, but then city ordinances and what not... Anyway, ppl still go over there and offroad, but don't be too reckless and be very weary observing the speed limits and road laws anytime you're on pavement in the area (sometimes cops will snoop around there, but I've never seen them there personally - somebody died over there like last year b/c they weren't wearing a seatbelt and the truck rolled in during a turn - apparently cops cracked down soon after that, but I've been back once about 6 months ago and it was all clear. If you guys want to go to Yorkshire just PM me and I'd be happy to accompany you guys, but my availability is not so good, so no promises - sorry.

Big Cypress and Redneck Yacht club are your best bets though. And that Yorkshire area is always changing with the locals occasionally tearing it up - I got stuck in an turn-type area that I drove through fine previously, but then the next time I came some ATV types had roosted thru so much that I got high centered. I've also found shell casings out there, but most people are friendly and if you have an obvious 4x4 type vehicle they'll be happy to see you (cops might not when you're passing thru town, but yeah...).

Have fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought the spray and did it myself. Buy a can of Niteshade spray from an autoparts store (I went to Advanced Auto) its somewhere around 10 dollars and will get you a good 5 coats on each tail light. I only used it for 3 on each and they came out really nice... only bad part is that they fade over time so you gotta re do them (mine just started fading and its been over 6 months)

I'll give that a try. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Back