General Grabber - Red Lettering Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

General Grabber - Red Lettering Tires

I saw these on a Super Duty today, absolutely fell in love with them. I had never seen them prior to this but apparently they've been out for about 6-7 months. I asked the dude with 'em how he liked them; He claimed he had about 15-17 not-so-nice (towing, mud, off road) thousand miles on them, they looked brand new! He said they're actually just as quiet on the road as the stock all-season Pirellis (I think?) that came with the '08 truck. He said they're a bit pricey, but not outrageous, and he closely compared them to the Nitto Terra Grapplers, which I've seen go 50,000+ miles. He did mention they lack a little bit in the snow and ice, he has to kick it into 4x4 more often than he'd like to in those situations..

I'm wondering if anyone on the forums has had any experience with these? I think they look baad!!

not my pictures - pulled off the innernets
2010BWS_BWS2843323_1.jpg

no-subject.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend has a set and loves them.

Those look really kickass. Love the red lettering, especially with the red beadlock. Would like the tires with a little more aggressive look, but pretty cool. Look good on a black truck, would look good on a red one, too.

I'm wondering what they'd look like on more of a maroon-ish (whatever ford calls it) color truck.. :p:

That's what I didn't like, the tread depth was only about half an nickel, best measuring device I had in my pockets; my BFG A/T's have just about the same amount of tread.. But I guess it would be beneficial to the daily driver..

These tires are hugely popular for desert racing. I believe they were designed more for that than 4-wheeling, as I haven't really seen them on anything but desert trucks. I wouldn't recommend them for daily driving. I have no personal experience with them from the driver's seat, but they are definitely loud. Some have said they wear really fast, and others (who i believe are just in denial :)) say they wear really well.

If you live in snow country those big blocks are gunna suck in the snow.

I use to work at gt.. and these tires are badass. They starting building them back when fast n furious 4 came ou.. a lot of engineering went into these tires but they are more desert race type tires.

As for the maroon truck question, they look good but way better on black white and silver.

I'd look at getting them if they came in blue!!:D

Wow! That's pretty bloody cool! Good link mate.

Well all of life has limitations, and there must be another tire paint provider

Back