Greetings From Coastal Georgia | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Greetings From Coastal Georgia

Looseknot250

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
I've been following this forum for about a month now. I recently downsized from a F250 FX4 Diesel on 35's to a '16 Explorer Platinum (shadow black). I love how quick, nimble, and practical this thing is compared to my old truck. I must also confess I've been inspired to do a few things under the hood by reading what you guys are doing. Plans are the usual suspects, CAI, MAP sensor, exhaust, tune. Could use some advice on which order I should install these things.

Debating on putting a GoRhino push bar on it, but I'm already having problems with traffic slowing down in front of me. Plus, that thing will probably screw with my parking sensors and front camera. I will be putting some Rigid Industries Midnight edition spots behind my grill. Anyone else done that yet?

I look forward to working with you guys:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! You could make a build thread to show your progress.

Thank you. I may do that. Right now, all I've done is tint the windows. 20% on front and 5% on top of factory everywhere else. With the Ex being Shadow Black, the rear windows basically match the exterior. It's a nice effect. Plus, it get's hot down here in the summer. My Ex will probably not be much to look at, though. I will be keeping the exterior plain Jane and soley focus on performance. I like the idea of a sleeper. Looking at a Livernois Hurricane bundle to get this party started. I'll put sonething up when I get it. Might be a month or two.

Before tint
17EE0A2A-DE95-4A05-947E-A1160B68A2BF.png

After
6BDEB794-2AE6-4077-9AC5-BF91980CAFD7.jpeg

Another angle
081ABC14-26C3-4930-BBC6-F0279290228F.jpeg

Yep. Pretty bare bones. Thanks. It's a sweet set of wheels, though. I really like it.

Back