how do i change bulbs behind heat/air push button controls? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how do i change bulbs behind heat/air push button controls?

Kfred

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
Doe anyone know how to change the bulbs behind a 1997 ford explorer eddie bauer heat/air controls? This model has the digital display and push button control (not knobs that turn).
Also where could i get the bulbs for behind my 4x4 knob, reap wiper knob, fog light and rear defrost buttons? i already have taken the bulbs out but nobody seems to sell them.
Thanks so much in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you try radio shack?

As far as the bulbs in the switches, Radio Shack does have some that will work. The bulbs are slightly smaller in size, but it is a dramatic improvement over looking at dark switches. :) Bulb 272-1092. I think the a/c bulbs are 194's, but not 100% positive.

i went there and showed the employee at radio shack and got the response "wow, ive never seen anything like that before" about 3 months ago and i then turned away and walked out. maybe i got a "new guy"

but are the bulbs from there a direct replacement drop in with no modifying anything? do you also happen to know which bulbs you gave me numbers for?

Sorry for late response. I used the Radio Shack bulb number I gave you for the fog light, 4x4, rear defroster, and headlight switch. Again, the bulb is slightly smaller than the factory bulb but it works fine.

Back