How does the glovebox light assembly fasten on? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How does the glovebox light assembly fasten on?

gsmaclean

Reaction score
City, State
Strongsville, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Limited
When I bought my 03 Limited, the glovebox light assembly was hanging broken inside the glovebox, tied up with an elastic band to keep it from turning on.

I bought a new one online (Ford part number 1L2Z-15A563-AA, for anyone who is wondering) and received it today. However, after about 15 minutes of fiddling around, I haven't got the slightest idea how it mounts to the glove box.

I have unclipped the glove box so it comes all the way out, and there is a plastic tab at the back that obviously has something to do with it - but I can't figure out what.

Here is the light assembly. When plugged in, it is on unless the switch built into it is depressed:

Light1.jpg

And here is the tab on the back of the glovebox:

Light2.jpg

Can anyone give me a hint, or better yet, a picture, of how this thing fastens in place?

Thanks!

Never mind, I went and had a fresh look at it, and figured it out. What was throwing me was that the tabs on the light assembly were the exact same size as the plastic clip. The clip actually has nothing to do with the light; the clip is used just to hold the owner's manual in place.

The light assembly actually clips on the latch strike on the top of the glovebox opening, and the glovebox depresses the switch when it is closed.

Hi, just curious mine broke the other day (the wife's purse got stuffed in there) what did you pay of the part?
Sleb

$8.00 plus $7.55 shipping (ouch - actual shipping cost was $5.34, so a little bit of extra profit in there for them) from forddirectonline.com.

Back