jdc28va

Reaction score
City, State
Vienna, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum (Blue)
Callsign
KK4AIB
This weekend I broke the glove box light assembly in my '06. The light still works, but the attachment for the glove box catch broke, so now the light stays on constantly because the glove box door doesn't actuate the lever that shuts the light off. I unplugged the whole assembly and took it out so the light doesn't stay constantly on.

I did a google search for the part number, but came up empty. One site seemed to indicate that the light assembly comes as part of the catch itself. Does anyone know if the light assembly can be purchased/installed separate from the catch, and where I can get one?

I know, I really don't NEED the glove box light, and the glove box door actually closes more easily without my user manual case hitting the glove box light. But, it just doesn't feel right not having the light that's supposed to be there. I'm sure some of you can relate.

Dealer had it..

Dealer had the part, 3 in stock (guess I'm not the only one breaking these things!), $11.65.

The way this part is designed makes it break pretty easily if you try to force your glove compartment door shut, so be careful.

Back