How to make dome/puddle lamps turn on when using the unlock button on keyless entry? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to make dome/puddle lamps turn on when using the unlock button on keyless entry?

jjdantona

Reaction score
City, State
West Haven,Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Limited
I have a 2005 Explorer Limited and want to make my interior dome lights and exterior puddle lamps light as I unlock my doors using my keyless entry remote. My previous 2000 Eddie Bauer always did this and now my new truck doesnt???? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do they turn on when you open a door?

They should go on when you unlock the car.

Check this:

PanelDimmerControl.jpg

I set mine to just before the detent on the way up. Puddle lamps and dome lamps come on with the remote.

they come on when i open the door or close but never when i unlock using just the keyless...

Bump. Any more info or ideas on this? My puddle lights and interior lights come on when I open the doors, but not when I unlock with the remote, and I would like them to. The dimmer switch has no effect.

I had a similar issue with my 02 xlt. Dome lights didn't come on with remote, dome lights would stay on until the battery saver feature turned them off, the driver side puddle light didn't work, the keypad on the door would set off the alarm when I pressed it, the door ajar light would flash and beep at highway speeds, etc. A lot of issues can be traced back to broken wires in the boot between the body and the door. I found a broken wire and repaired it and all is back to normal!

Here is a great thread with pics for checking for broken wires in boot between door and the body: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Post #3 in this thread has great instructions for removing the door panel: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271333

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Back