• Register Today It's free!

i searched

arch stanton

Reaction score
City, State
hollady utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL
should the four wheel drive lights come on when you turn the car on just to left of steering whee? also should the 4 high and 4 low lights come on regardless if the 4x4 is broken when you push them? or do they only come on when it engages?

They should only come on when you engage it. There only function is to let you know the transfer case is in high/low

should the four wheel drive lights come on when you turn the car on just to left of steering whee? also should the 4 high and 4 low lights come on regardless if the 4x4 is broken when you push them? or do they only come on when it engages?

Do you mean the 4x4 dash lights to the "RIGHT" of the steering wheel? In any case the 4x4 lights only come on when you are actually in 4x4 high or 4x4 low. Now this brings up the question: Does your 4x4 work? I ask because it is VERY common for the shift motor to fail causing the 4x4 system to not engage.. If this is your problem check out the stickie Shift motor rebuild thread.. Lots of info and pics.

i mean the lights by the abs and oil also the ones when you press the button. so i know know only when it engages. just wondering if the other one is suposed to come on for a second on start up thanks for the help

Back