Key Fob/Tire Sensor issue?

outatime

Reaction score
City, State
davenport florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 sport trac
Hi All

OK so hear me out here, I have posted before about an issue I had with my 07 Ltd V8 and I have been working towards trying to fix it but still nothing happening yet. In the meantime I have been dealing with the tire sensor issue but having issues with that too and wonder if they are related at all?

Both my keyfobs are giving me problems that unless I push them up against the windows the car will not open! I tried new batteries but still nothing, its happening on both fobs so can't see them both going bad at once.

Then with the tire sensor I replaced all four with new ones, trained them once then after after a few hours the message came back on again, tried to relearn them and it can't see the sensors in the two back tires. Today I replaced one of them again and it still can't see it.

Does anyone know if the antenna or whatever it uses for keyfobs or tire sensors are somehow related? It seems to have a very short working distance right now. Someone said the FM radio antenna was connected somehow but that seems to be working fine on my after market radio, I seem to recall the keyfob/tire issue happening around the same time as the radio install or shortly after , something I knocked loose maybe?

Thanks for listening

Stuart

Stuart,
I'd start back at the radio and see if something has changed there.
I'm not sure where the receiving antenna is for the TPS system or the remote unlock button is. I'm sure there is a module there somewhere that controls the locks and another that controls the TPS. Ford likes modules.
Good luck
Kent

Back