Location for DVD screen w/moonroof? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Location for DVD screen w/moonroof?

SVO LOU

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mountaineer AWD
Woo hoo...First post.

Anyways, just picked up a 97 Mounty with moonroof. I'm starting to think about the holidays and travelling with kids. :eek:
One of those roof-mounted DVD players look good but I wonder if I can even get one being that I have the roof. Any ideas on whether or not it can be installed on the roof? Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.
Lou.

how about right between the front two seats? on top of the rear air vents.. or if u have a little more $$, headrests are a good place, otherwise, they sell the console package dvd or vcr packages on ebay for cheap. good luck

SVO LOU,

I know what you mean....I was looking into this also....(I too have a moonroof)....some of the makers of these roof mounted systems claim that some of those roof mounted units will fit on models with moonroofs.....and I know.....it looks like very little space in which to mount it...and it appears to me that the mounting hardware would get in the way of the moonroof in its open position.......thus....I dont know....I need to do more research!

D

got my performance products book in the mail today for ford trucks... they have a headrest package, it comes with 2 6.8 tilt headrest tv tuner monitors. and a wireless remote for each . each monitor has 4 a/v inputs and 3 a/v outputs, 181 channel capability, built in fm modulator for easy hook up to any factory-stereo. it also includes a hi-fi vcr with 2 wireless headphones

all tv bezels are paintable so u can match your vehicles interior (or u can leave them black) and they give an oem apperance. the set is $1,595.95 + s&h

REF # 5347

you can check out performanceproducts.com and maybe look up the ref i.d.

timmy

Back