Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Location for DVD screen w/moonroof?

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by SVO LOU, September 21, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. SVO LOU

SVO LOU Active Member

City, State:
      Greenville, SC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      97 Mountaineer AWD
      Woo hoo...First post.

Anyways, just picked up a 97 Mounty with moonroof. I'm starting to think about the holidays and travelling with kids. :eek:
      One of those roof-mounted DVD players look good but I wonder if I can even get one being that I have the roof. Any ideas on whether or not it can be installed on the roof? Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.
      Lou.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jssong

jssong Well-Known Member

City, State:
      how about right between the front two seats? on top of the rear air vents.. or if u have a little more $$, headrests are a good place, otherwise, they sell the console package dvd or vcr packages on ebay for cheap. good luck

4. DVS1

DVS1 Active Member

City, State:
      Bolingbrook IL
      98 EB
      SVO LOU,

I know what you mean....I was looking into this also....(I too have a moonroof)....some of the makers of these roof mounted systems claim that some of those roof mounted units will fit on models with moonroofs.....and I know.....it looks like very little space in which to mount it...and it appears to me that the mounting hardware would get in the way of the moonroof in its open position.......thus....I dont know....I need to do more research!

D

5. Timmy

Timmy Active Member

City, State:
      Downriver, MI
      2002 XLS
      got my performance products book in the mail today for ford trucks... they have a headrest package, it comes with 2 6.8 tilt headrest tv tuner monitors. and a wireless remote for each . each monitor has 4 a/v inputs and 3 a/v outputs, 181 channel capability, built in fm modulator for easy hook up to any factory-stereo. it also includes a hi-fi vcr with 2 wireless headphones

all tv bezels are paintable so u can match your vehicles interior (or u can leave them black) and they give an oem apperance. the set is $1,595.95 + s&h

REF # 5347

you can check out performanceproducts.com and maybe look up the ref i.d.

timmy