Flip-down DVD/LCD Screen w/Sunroof? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flip-down DVD/LCD Screen w/Sunroof?

BajaBabe

Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking at DVD players for my Ex and wondering if any of you have mounted a flip-down in the roof when you had a sunroof. The only thing I can think of thusfar is to slide the sunshade back and actually mount it *in* that, but I really don't want to do that. If it's possible, is there anything special you have to do when installing?

And please forgive me, I'm a girl who loves cars/trucks but is somewhat, erm, *challenged* when it comes to actually *doing* things to them.

Thanks in advance!

Your not going to be able to install it in that visor thing. You can put one where your temp/compass is but you are going to have to modify it a tad. You can put one in the back where your lights are also. What I am going to do is fiberglass a 7" screen to my temp/compass. Either way you will need to do some fab work.

They make many flip down screens for vehicles with sunroofs. You just have to read and make sure they can be installed there. They just come with a different mounting bracket and smaller screws.

You Can Install It Behind The Sunroof, Itll B For The Rear Seat Only Though

Back