MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Received mine today in Fitchburg, MA. I'm happy to have my NAV and Services functional again.

Was wondering if anybody just received a letter from Ford that states, the update must be done at the dealer, and did you receive a SD card only.

I am schedule for an update at my dealer, but skeptical that it will be programmed Via the IDS computer as required for all who must go to a dealer.

Per Ford Memo dated: March 5, 2012

"FSA 11A01 - Retail customers ineligible for self-installation who must return to the dealer for the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (with and without navigation)
- These customers will receive only a letter directing them to return to the dealer to have the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE performed, as they have a version of MyFord/MyLincoln Touch software which requires a system reflash administered through the dealer’s IDS tool. Dealers
will use their seed stock of SD cards for navigation-equipped units"

"The 11A01 reprogramming procedure with IDS requires use of a computer, a battery charger, and the regular attention of the servicing technician throughout the download process."

Back