My new GTO - to me at least..

GaSouthern1

Elite LS2 -
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 GTO
2005 LS2 GTO - Auto (atl traffic in an manual SUCKS). I have since installed a full flowmaster cat-back with an h-pipe. To say it sounds sick would be an understatement and this thing hauls ass compared to every other vehichle I have had, i.e. trucks.

Attachments

• 1918809_2.jpg
    1918809_2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 1918809_4.jpg
    1918809_4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 1918809_6.jpg
    1918809_6.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 1918809_7.jpg
    1918809_7.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 296

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• 1918809_39.jpg
    1918809_39.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 1256456456416874.jpg
    1256456456416874.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 1918809_3.jpg
    1918809_3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 303

Nice car--
My friend's '06 has bright red calipers. I can't see them in your pictures--

Now-the big question-
Did you make a track run or gather any data to see if the catback exhaust was an actual performance gain?

Someone passed me on the highway the other day in a GTO like that, the exhaust sounded exactly like an old muscle car. I wet myself a little in joy. Looks pretty nice, stay safe.

Hey!!! Nice Grand Prix!!!!!:p:

J/K...Nice car:thumbsup:

Nice car--
My friend's '06 has bright red calipers. I can't see them in your pictures--

Now-the big question-
Did you make a track run or gather any data to see if the catback exhaust was an actual performance gain?

I should be around 13.55 @ 105 when I get to the track and it is not 100 degrees. Right now the best I have been able to run was a 13.95 @ 100.25, I will update in 2 months after the Ga vs Fla GTO event, should be at mid 13s by then. On the subject of horsepower, the stock system on these flows very well, it is not at all uncommon to not see any performace gain from a cat-back.

Attachments

• 1918809_30.jpg
    1918809_30.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 271

Very nice, i love those things. Strange question, how much back seat room do they have?? I want another sports car, but with kids i need some back seat to haul them around...

The back seat is descent, I can haul people without much of an issue, kids should be fine.

real nice car. I was like this car.
American Muscle all the way

How much it run ya? I mean if you don't mind

Absolutely COOL! That Holden has gone through a lot of testing in Australia before becoming the GTO here.

Geat choice! Enjoy it...

real nice car. I was like this car.
American Muscle all the way

How much it run ya? I mean if you don't mind

Right at 21k - not bad for a 4 seat corvette (sorta). Next up will be either suspension or heads/cam.

I absolutely love the way it sounds, very sinister.

Does yours have the LS2 engine also?
My friend just bought a nitrous kit for his. He was told this and an intake was all you need. I guess the exhaust is extremely well designed already.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192644

I really dig this car--you are one lucky guy!

Updates - just bought long tube headers, a Fuddle 3600 stall, intake and am getting full street/dyno tune this weekend. With my drag radials and the above mods I hope to be in the 12.80 range, we will see. I have a few more things coming in the near future.... cough cam cough spray cough. Spray and a cam will put me into the 11s for now. Long term I will take off the spray and concentrate on an all motor beast or possibly the new GenTTR kit from teh Aussies.

I also have some rims on the way that will make it look real clean.

our version looks much better (the grill) ,oh the steering wheel is on the wrong side
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=11024
did you see the top gear story on it

Yeah, your grille is 10x better that what we have over here, lots of people are getting the HSV conversion done for some MAJOR $$.

I had my long tubes installed along with my converter and a dyno/ street tune and picked up 40 rwhp and 35 ft/lbs. I am hoping that will put me in the 12s this weekend at our event... cant wait!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ran a 12.88 @ 106.7 with headers/stall/tune - not bad.

Back