Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

new Wheels?

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by DannyD28, September 20, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. DannyD28

DannyD28 Active Member

City, State:
      PA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1995, XLT
      I want to get some new rims, my question concerns the rims in the wintertime. Do all rims have to be taken off in the wintertime? What are some good all year rims, if there is such a thing. I apologize if these sound like dumb questions. thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jssong

jssong Well-Known Member

City, State:
      rims usually arent a problem in the summer or winter.. itz the tires.. usually getting a bigger size rim means smaller tires, which are usually geared for street performance and dont give good handling in snow or rain.

4. Hartman

Hartman Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Indianapolis, IN
      1996 5.0
      Yeah it's mostly about traction. I plan on putting the stockers back on mine when the first snow hits. I get good traction during the rain with my Toyo's but boy can I brake em loose once and a while!