• Register Today It's free!

Newbie help with '96 xlt 2wd

rv.shredder07

Reaction score
City, State
Garden Grove, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 2x4
Okay here's the deal, I'm 19. Running on a typical 19 year old budget. I'm quite knowledgeable on pretty much everything to do with cars, and I'm a few months from being ASE certified so I'm no noob when it comes to being tech savvy. Anyways, I inherited my xploder last year and have put about 10k on it so far myself. (It has about 145xxx total)

I'm in the market for a little extra performance and I'd love to give it a lift. However, I can't seem to find any suspension kits for the 2wd version. I don't know if I haven't looked in the right places, or if they simply don't make that kit anymore. I recall seeing a kit on ExplorerProComp's website but it's not there anymore.:( Can anyone help out with that??
Also any not-too-expensive performance parts/mpg increasing tips would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Also, off topic, the armrest on my center console is wearing terribly. It's got a huge chunk of the vinyl that has cracked and peeled off and I keep checking PickUrPart and ebay and even other sites. I can't find a good solution to this problem.

Back