Patch's 5-Speed to auto swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Patch's 5-Speed to auto swap

Cute Sweetie, soo cute................plus wen the trucks done you can take it out to PA and drive over the dam guy and truck that hit your truck :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah i figured it was for offroad purposes,

well good luck to ya and hope it turns out good :D

thanks,.........i just dont like to beat the **** out of my truck like some others do,........ :thumbsup:

Asilly50NJ said:
................plus wen the trucks done you can take it out to PA and drive over the dam guy and truck that hit your truck :D

YEAH!!...... :thumbsup: his truck when he sees patch comin--> :roll:

yah,...his truck will look sumthing like this-------> :roll: <------------but thats a red first gen roled over............we need a roled over 95 F150 :p

my red truck, the last time i saw it(monday) was up right... :exp: ..... :rolleyes:

Hey Asilly50NJ, why not swap in a 5r55e. Its better off than the a4ld,and you can probably build it to be a lot more stronger than it. I completely understand why u are doing this, with an auto on the rocks and such u can fully concntrate ahead of u and not have to worry about that much else(funking with the damn clutch). My auto has done me good and it has about 120,000+ on it now and no signs of crapping out.I also DO beat the crap out of it, ask any of my friends about my driving style.When it does go byebye i will probably rebuild it or swap in a 5sp. The 5spd does have its advantages though, u are in complete control,not having to wait for the auto to think what to do, and gear reduction,although u can get alot more out of an auto. I totally agree with u on the part about not wanting to have a piece of **** GM tranny in your truck, there are so many other options to do instead of the 700r4, everyone who has put this tranny in their rig is a complete dumbass and are not a ford loyalyist. Im exactually like u, i like my fords to stay ford,

Matt

ExplorerSport77 said:
that wasnt applyin towards u adam...ya dork

oh alright, thanks for making that clear sis.... :p

FordBeast98 said:
Hey Asilly50NJ, why not swap in a 5r55e. Its better off than the a4ld,and you can probably build it to be a lot more stronger than it.
In order to put in the 5R you'd have to put in a computer to control it, which would mean putting in a 97+ computer and harness . . would be much more of a pain than its worth. Now building an A4 with 5R guts. . .that might be worth it.

FordBeast98 said:
I totally agree with u on the part about not wanting to have a piece of **** GM tranny in your truck, there are so many other options to do instead of the 700r4, everyone who has put this tranny in their rig is a complete dumbass and are not a ford loyalyist.
Thank you. . .I always enjoy being called names. :rolleyes:

Jefe said:
Thank you. . .I always enjoy being called names.

your welcome :D

Back