Pictures: Wife borrowed the Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures: Wife borrowed the Explorer

So, the wife's truck was in the shop for hail damage. I was being a good husband and let her drive the Explorer while I drove the compact car. She ran into a Flex just days before she got her truck back. Looks like another two weeks of small car.

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Gee thanks!!! I'm sure if my wife found out I called her a bull she would be pissed.

Ok, that was funny... :D

423984_main.jpg

"08-02-11 2:12 pm CT - MESSAGE FROM YOUR ADVISOR: MIKE, FOUND MORE DAMAGE, SENT TO FARM BUREAU, WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. CHRIS"

THese are the messages you treasure forever. >=-Þ

Its all good. The wife is ok, and I saw it at the body shop the other day. I'm kind of worried though. I saw quite a bit of duct tape and bailing wire on the wall.

Is the shop owners name Cooter? Or Jeb? Then you might have to get worried. :p That does bite though, im glad she is fixable though.

Only a need to worry if the duct tape is a different color than the car. If the color is similar, you won't even notice it after about a year.

Only a need to worry if the duct tape is a different color than the car. If the color is similar, you won't even notice it after about a year.

I know. I wonder how hard it is to find Dark Copper duct tape. Oh well, I guess Ill just get a Magic Marker.

Update:

"08-05-11 4:09 pm CT - MESSAGE FROM YOUR ADVISOR: MR B, WILL START REPAIRS ON YOUR VEHICLE FIRST OF NX WEEK, HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND, CHRIS

08-05-11 9:38 am CT - VEHICLE STATUS UPDATED: Parts --> Parts received"

Oh well, at least I get to take the Focus Off-Road.

Yip Yip Yip Yeeee-Haaaa!!!! That focus come with insurance mate?:D

It is covered on mine.

Time for some rally X. They seem to handle the jump's alright.

Both

Alright, here is another update. I should be getting Copper back by the end of this week. All they are doing now is paint and waiting to mount the airbag. The new total for all of the repairs is $ 8,070.73. I will post all the details when I get the final invoice.

Holy cow payout.

Please watch out for holy cow's when you get her back!!!

$8k... Sounds like they looked hard for more updated damage....

MIke, didnt you say there was damage to the core support as well? Glad to hear your getting it all done and back and clean!

BTW, that focus is fast...Chris and I put the rental car insurance on alert when mike handed me the keys to it :D

I don't think the core support had to much damage. When I get the final invoice I will post all the goodies. Then maybe you can explain some of the items to me.

SHE IS BACK!!!!!

Here is the final rundown of all that was done to repair her along with the associated costs. The grand total came to $9,070.88. Insurance covered most of that. I only had to pay $30 for the Focus.

Part
Vaptm Cover $481.77
AA Isolator asy-bumber bar $99.57
LWR Insulator $35.00
AA Bracket- Bumper mounting $152.03
Grille- radiator $404.77
AACP lamp Asy- Fog $55.60
AA Hood Asy $707.05
AA Wheel Asy Steering Air Bag $621.34
Cover and COntact Plate Asy $85.97
Sensor Asy-Air bag $306.07
Seat Belt Asy $170.80
AACP Headlamp Asy $207.09
AA Moulding Frount Body Panel $87.00
Support- Radiator $339.75
Deflector $48.82
Clamp Std $5.00
Trans Oil Cooler $165.83
Hose- Oil Cooler $ 53.83
Tube-Oil Cooler $46.12
Clip Cooler Hose $83.34
Transmission Fluid $6.16
Condenser $155.99
Hlmp Mnt Panel $ 260.07
Anti-Freeze $15.47
Reinforcement $35.65
Electronic Module $194.79
Sensor- Seat Position $19.973
Column Asy- Steering $485.34
Buckle Asy- Seat Belt $138.85
Bracket- License Plate $24.77
Misc Sub-Contractor labor $1,326.25
Paint $1,206.60
Labor $1,894.85

That is the end to one nasty summer experience.

Back