Push Bar for Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aggunner

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
After driving the lifted 250 for 8 years I forgot how nice it was to drive a vehicle that didn't friggen punish you.

exploder.jpg

exploder2.jpg

exploder3.jpg

So far I only have:

Tint on front two
Setina push bar
Weather Tech mats
Shark fin antenna

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! Seems to me like it could use a leveling spacer up front, but it looks good nonetheless.

i think i could have used the leveling spacer lol My legs are shot from working out and was having a hard time squatting and holding steady.

That looks awesome.

Was it bolt on? no drilling?

I am thinking on adding the push bar and roof basket.

I seriously want one.

How was the attenna installation, not to hard. I want to purchase one when our 2012 arrives.

Does the Satina model push bar mount to the frame at the bottom only or are there supports above the bumper? I love the look but had one on a previous vehicle, a different brand, and you could not really push with it. If you did, it would push right back into the bumper.

Looks great man!

I seriously love that Ex colour too.

Remember, take it from me, when you ram your first bad guy with it make sure the kids have their seat belts on!

Relax, just kidding.........

Nice job....Ex looks great......

thanks guys,

The push bar is a bolt on, the only mod I had to do was clip two little holes in the plastic grill on the lower valance.

It does have mounts top and bottom

The antenna is super easy to install, takes about 3 minutes.

And the only thing I have left to do is paint the grille, door handles, and back chrome to match the body and the rest of the silver is getting painted black to match the trim. I'm hoping someone will come out with a good set of black wheels later on.

I really like that. Especially with it having aux light mounts and the guard at the bottom would make it less scary with how low the front end hangs. Nice find!

It doesnt look bad at all

looks interesting. i'm not in the market for one but just wondering if you have the inlet/duct from the tow package, does it block airflow?

I ordered that bull bar and the side tube bars last week, they're scheduled to be delivered on Friday. If I'm not too busy at work I'm hoping to install them Friday afternoon. If anybody's interested, autoanything sold me the side bars for $211.46 and the bull bar for $202.46. Both with free shipping.
Pictures coming soon....

Nice get really good pics of the front bar please.

Looks really good, post some pics of the install for sure. Are the side nerf bars same as previous post, let us know.

I almost order a similar one, only crome (my car is Ingot Silver), but decided on the Setina Push Bar for one reason - Much better mounting system. The leverage on the mounting system if pushed at the top edge is huge. I recall my wife backing our Jeep into a big Dodge truck with a similar bar, touched the bar with the exposed tail light of the wrangler - the light did not break, but the bull bar fell of the truck due to the torque on the welded mount bracket. The one shown looks stylish though.

Is it me or does it look like it requires removal of the lower flexible trim peice?

Besides the air duct flows air right onto the Tranny, and you can easily remove the three butterfly screws to access the oil filter. Now that I know that oil changes will be a breeze.

But we need confirmation if that lower trim is to be removed I think that is why it provides a skid plate.

Is it me or does it look like it requires removal of the lower flexible trim peice?

Besides the air duct flows air right onto the Tranny, and you can easily remove the three butterfly screws to access the oil filter. Now that I know that oil changes will be a breeze.

But we need confirmation if that lower trim is to be removed I think that is why it provides a skid plate.

I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow about the lower valance. It looks like it is gone in the picture. I'll decide if I take it off entirely or just notch it out arount the bars. If the valance is there for fuel economy reasons, I don't want to go messing up my 25+ hwy mpgs.

I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow about the lower valance. It looks like it is gone in the picture. I'll decide if I take it off entirely or just notch it out arount the bars. If the valance is there for fuel economy reasons, I don't want to go messing up my 25+ hwy mpgs.

Yep I hear ya!! Save those MPGs!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post pictures here if you can I wanna see what it looks like!

Back