2" Torsion Twist
1" Body lift
Bilstein 4600 Shocks
Mevotech TTX Ball Joints and Upper Control Arms
Extended swaybar links

Interior
Limited Steering wheel with redundant radio and digital temp controls
Digital HVAC
Custom leather upholstery (red leather in place of perforated leather)

Electronics/Communications
CB Radio

Exterior
Custom chili pepper red Paint PPG concept
Tupperware removed and holes welded up
"Serious Explorations" license plate frames front and back
Cut and re-welded front fenders 5" to clear larger tires
Limited Color Keyed Front Grill
Painted Rear Bumper
Chopped front bumper bed-lined

Sound
JVC KW-NT300 Nav/DVD/CD head unit
PAC adapter for steering wheel controls
Kicker DS68 6x8 Coaxial speakers
OEM 8" sub
SiriusXM

Exhaust
Flowmaster Super 44

Replaced:
Fuel tank
Cats
Tailpipe
Leaf Springs
Steering Rack
Inner Tie Rods
Front 4.10 Diff
Water Pump
CPS and Synchronizer
Radiator
A/C System
Front O2 Sensors
Muffler
Wheel Bearings
Multiple Fuel Pumps
Motor Mounts
Transmission mount

Rebuilt
Transmission
Engine

Kris' Old Registry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Merry Christmas Red Bull!

fa9e8a8e.jpg

Nice Red will love the Shackles. And Merry Christmas to you Dan! Love that truck!

Well at least I got the HIDs installed. Been waiting for a long time to get them:

6bd1d99b.jpg

are those from DDM or Ebay specials?

DDM Tuning actually. This is the third set that I have bought from them without one failure. The quality is good and the lights a very close to the color charts on their website.

I don't know if I want to do all four. It's not easy to find these relays at my local jy. I was lucky that Russell told me about the other cars that have this part (which in my case was a early 90's Taurus) or I wouldn't have gotten one at all.

Xeek said:
you already have one on the drivers window? if so get 6 more and make all four windows auto up and auto down :)

The one touch on the driver window is built into the GEM on second gens. But those earlier touch relays can be found on several ford vehicles. But it is very possible to do two per door for auto up And down

Red decided not to start today. :-( Apparently, due to the recent cold weather the battery decided to give up the ghost. It won't even hold a charge anymore. :sigh: so I guess a portion of this paycheck is going towards a new battery. I am debating about going with an Optima or just a walmart brand battery.

i have a valvecraft autozone battery in mine. ive had it almost two years. never had any problems with it. and it sat on the garage floor for 3 months jan-march this year. 20*F - 50*F temps. when i put it back in it fired the truck up no problem

I've heard good things about autocraft (advance auto batteries). I was about to buy one myself but I cleaned my terminals and found out my battery charger was broken, so I ended up not needing it. Try and get the largest CCA you can. I think the autocraft I was looking at was 880? CCA.

Regardless save the receipt for warranty issues down the road.

Original Motorcraft battery was still going after 13 years so I decided to buy another Motorcraft battery thru local Ford dealer special about 3 years ago. I have never owned a battery that lasted as long, ever. Had Interstates many years ago that died within 2 years etc. Couldnt justify buying an Optima as much as I wanted one after reading mostly positive reviews. There are not that many manufacturers of batteries but there are alot of marketers/names on said batteries. Other SUV has had a Die Hard platinum or gold for about 7 years now and I imagine it is about time to replace that as well with the winter weather on the way.

Picked up an Everstart Maxx from walmart and got it into Red after my shift early Thursday morning. The truck didn't start up right away much to my bewilderment. After throwing a charger on my 'new' battery and still not getting anything, I packed it in for the night. So yesterday I called in my troubleshooting team of Russell and Kris to chase down the issue and thanks to their help, Red Bull decided to play nice and start. This was a great relief to me as I had been driving my parents cantankerous jeep for the last two days. If it wasn't going into safety mode when I tried to open it or the battery dying right before work it certainly dished out more trouble than it's worth.

What was the hang up?

It turns out it was a simple fix. After continuing to have starting issues with Red I got back on the phone with Russell and narrowed the issue down to the negative battery cable or clamp. I knew the clamp was broken after my first fiasco starting the engine but I didn't think it would cause a no start issue. So a quick trip to walmart for some new clamps was in order and after getting them installed, Red started right up. Talk about a serious "DOH!" moment. :banghead:

Good to hear it was simple. There have been many of times were a little corrosion on the battery terminals have wreck my day.

Post pictures of those shackles on Red =-)

Back