Replaced rear wheel bearing, 2015 XLT w/ 21K miles | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replaced rear wheel bearing, 2015 XLT w/ 21K miles

You had 201,000 miles on the left side hub and 21,000 on the right. Is that correct?
No, my truck 201K. A joke for the OP having it go out in 21K.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, my truck 201K. A joke for the OP having it go out in 21K.
Gotcha. I never have my vehicles that long, only 3-4 years, so hopefully don't have to worry.

Peter

I've never had a car with wheel bearing problems ever, all new. I even had a 89 Mustang GT stick, for sixteen years with 267,000 kms when I finally sold it to a young guy. Car still ran strong, motor never apart except for a head gasket, and no wheel bearing problems.
BTW: still had the ORIGINAL clutch! :burnout:

How much did the dealer charge to repair?
How does the dealer test for this?

It was covered under warranty. But I am curious how much it would have been without warranty.

The advisor said they used a stethoscope to isolate the noise.

I think I'm going to take my car in next week, and find out. I want to get it resolved before I install my summer wheels/tires.
I have 106,000 kms on my 2012 Limited.

It was covered under warranty. But I am curious how much it would have been without warranty.

The advisor said they used a stethoscope to isolate the noise.

Just replaced RF hub and bearing also RR wheel bearing 2014 XLT 47000 mi. done under warranty.

My 2016 Sport has 36,000 (aprox) miles on it, and it is out of the 3 year warranty. Are rear axle bearings covered under the power train warranty? The reason for my asking, is I know that I have a bad rear axle bearing, and the noise is getting louder. I asked the Service Manager at the dealership, and she wouldn't give me a definitive answer. Said that it would have to come into the shop for a diagnosis, and then be submitted to Ford for warranty approval. If Ford denies the repair, I have to pay for the diagnosis, unless I have the work done there and pay for it.

Check that brochure that most owners likely never take out of the glove box that is called a Warranty Guide.:)

Four-Wheel/All-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear),
center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all
internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking
rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant
velocity joints.

Peter

Back