Replacing Seat belts (Pictures)

XLTmodifire

Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' XLT (B4 Autumn Brown)
Hello once again.

I am going to be replacing my seat belts, and I need some advice. How do you replace the belts and mechanisms? Is there a way to snake them out of the hole(s) of the plastic trim, or is the trim supposed to be replaced with the belt and mechanism as a whole?

I have supplied pictures so you may input in detail if need be. Is (4) to be replaced as a whole, or is there a way to snake (1) and (3) through (2)?

I know (1) and (3) disconnect via a "star" bolt, but that is as far as I have gone.

Thanks for all information you may provide in advance.

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

Pull the trim off #1, should be a bolt holding the ring on.
Remove the bolts from your #3 pic.
Remove the trim pieces, snake the belt out through the holes and replace with a new belt.

May I ask why your replacing them?

Wonderful! So (1) WILL snake through (2). This is great to hear!

I do not mind at all if you ask. As you can see in the (2) and (4), the passenger side has two spots of fraying, and ALL of the belts are stained and look very dingy. So I am replacing all 5 belts and mechanisms, as well as the rear hatch pull strap, and the passenger side puddle light housing (for only $65.00 shipped from Karl in a sticky thread found in the wanted section).

I have soaked the passenger strap in boiling water, used cleaner, and then vacuumed the moister, just to have them "clean" and free from smell, however they still look too dingy for me.

The previous owner had rat kids, and they made a MESS of the interior. Unbelievable stains in the carpet everywhere from soda, food, and puke. The smell wasn't the best either. I had found there was mold under the carpet after I pulled it out. I had found around $4.50 in change, toys, crayons, food including candy, french fries, sunflower seeds.

It was just a complete mess. I have pulled most of the interior out, and wiping everything down. Replacement carpet comes in this week, and I will be dying the seats after recently finding a thread on a product in order to do so.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I highly appreciate it!

Back