roof lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

roof lights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i was thinking of the same thing, , but i have a few concerns , is the light bar the same shape as the Ex roof ?? is it as wide ? or as narrow,??
guess a few minutes with a tape measure will tell,,
after installing can they be aimed ??

the only other concern is fastening it to the roof, and running the wires,,

not sure yet on the size i think it is a little narrower only say this because the liberty is a little smaller as for aiming i think it could be aimed by just installing it on the slope of the roof till it lights up were you wont it, and i think it could probably be mounted the same way it is mounted on the jeep, not sure how it is, wiring would be the same i would guess

i was wondering if these would fit also but....they are so damn expensive

You could try to make your own out of fiberglass, then buy some Walmart lights. That way it would fit exactly to your explorers roof.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ryZ42613QQihZ002QQitemZ120206995210QQtcZphoto

funny they have one for the Ex too, but it is a bit more expensive,, but shipping is less ,
maybe one of these would be better,

the dimensions are just a little bit different, but they look the same. I wonder if the lights are fog, driving, or spot lights. And if it would be better to get blue lenses or clear lenses. or if you could even adjust the lights in the housing. I think I may have to many questions. oh and if it is drilled into the roof or stays on with double sided tape. or...lol:D

I don't really care for that molded-in light look. IMO it looks too cheap and poserish. Mount em on a bar! :D

i found one of these that come with hardware and mounteing brackets for $230 plus shipping from a junk yard on line i think im going to get it

if it's an actual jeep liberty light bar thats pretty cheep.

mine i have now looks like this,, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2 narrow beams focused a bit high and a wide angle under them,
this is just about the same as the $10 light bar in another post,, but mine cost $0.00,,

Back