Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. steelers06steelers

steelers06steelers New Member

City, State:
    pttsburgh
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2018 explorer sport
    Ive had three before this one, that's why I bought another, this is a completely different animal than the previous generations tho. The older generations as you know were basically a ranger truck. this thing is ??? I don't even know what o compare it to? transverse mounted engine, some kind of pto/transfer case thing, twin turbos, dual exhaust, sports car/crossover vehicle.... sorry, im ocd and slightly paranoid skitsofranic. lol. Im sure it will be fine vehicle.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. cbx1047

cbx1047 Active Member

City, State:
    waikesha, wisconsin
    2015 limited
    Its actually a pretty common problem with ford explorers, I bought a 2011 when they came out only to have the hood rust corrode after 2years, they repainted it and it looked prefect. I did trade it in on a 2015 limited after 4 years and yes the front hood was all bubbled again. Not my problem and now have a 3 year old limited with the same problem but out of warranty. I sure wish that was a fixable problem Ford has but apparently its not worth addressing because now I see that the 2017 have the same problem but will be some how covered by Ford. Such a great SUV I wish there was a remedy.

4. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2017 Explorer Platinum
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Not a remedy but beginning with the 2016 Explorer, the warranty coverage on aluminum parts/panels that corrode are covered for 5 years, unlimited mileage.

Peter

• Like Like x 1