• Register Today It's free!

SmartAlert Security System?

Gandalf

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I notice there is a SmartAlert security system in the Ford Accessory catalog for the Explorer. Did anyone get this? Do you think its worth it? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I notice there is a SmartAlert security system in the Ford Accessory catalog for the Explorer. Did anyone get this? Do you think its worth it? Thanks!

I thought the Limited has a Security System already?

Doesn't every new car have an alarm and immobilizer? At least in Canada I think they do. Even my 2003 Honda had both.

Yes, I thought that already had a security system too. I just happened to be looking at the accessories page on the Ford website, it listed this as well as a more generic security system as available for the Explorer. The SimpleAlert system actively tracks the car at all times. Not sure I actually want a system like that on my car, but there it is. So I was wondering if anyone had actually gotten it.

Yes, I thought that already had a security system too. I just happened to be looking at the accessories page on the Ford website, it listed this as well as a more generic security system as available for the Explorer. The SimpleAlert system actively tracks the car at all times. Not sure I actually want a system like that on my car, but there it is. So I was wondering if anyone had actually gotten it.

You realize you can be tracked within a few feet via your cell-phone right?

You realize you can be tracked within a few feet via your cell-phone right?
I take your point, but with the crappy signal strength I get on my phone, they will have a much tougher time tracking me. :D

I take your point, but with the crappy signal strength I get on my phone, they will have a much tougher time tracking me. :D

Lmao

I can see your at In N Out Burger right now.......that's enough fries!

Totally wrong. See, I told you the signal strength would mess up the trackers. I am actually at Tommy's. :D

Totally wrong. See, I told you the signal strength would mess up the trackers. I am actually at Tommy's. :D

Just going to jump in here and say that I wish you were at In & Out Burger! I could go for a strawberry milkshake and their fries right about now!

According to the FordAccessoriesStore.com page, this is a premium feature, which may only be available as a dealer installed option. For more information, go to this link; http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com..._suffix=BA&make=Ford&model=Explorer&year=2011

Contact me if there is anything else, or if you would like to mail me some In & Out Burger! :) :D

Seni

Just going to jump in here and say that I wish you were at In & Out Burger! I could go for a strawberry milkshake and their fries right about now!

According to the FordAccessoriesStore.com page, this is a premium feature, which may only be available as a dealer installed option. For more information, go to this link; http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com..._suffix=BA&make=Ford&model=Explorer&year=2011

Contact me if there is anything else, or if you would like to mail me some In & Out Burger! :) :D
Thanks Seni (?). I actually discovered it on the parts store site. I was looking to see if anyone had any real world experience with it.

Just let me know when you are hungry. They are opening a new In & Out just a few blocks from my house. :)

Who goes to In N Out for the fries??? They taste like cardboard! :D
Their burgers on the other hand.... oh man, their burgers!

Your right the Explorer has a perimeter alarm system as OEM.

This is a tracking system that offers "On*" style services as an add on to your vehicles alarm system.

I think it maybe over kill considering how good the OEM systems are already.

Thanks Seni (?). I actually discovered it on the parts store site. I was looking to see if anyone had any real world experience with it.

Just let me know when you are hungry. They are opening a new In & Out just a few blocks from my house. :)

That's great that you found it! And BTW, it is lunch time on a Tuesday! I think I may just take you up on that In & Out Burger, except that I am at least 2000 miles away!

Haha have a great rest of your day and thanks for the offer!:thumbsup:

Back