The cheapest, most creative lift for 1st Gen. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The cheapest, most creative lift for 1st Gen.

should i get shocks for 4 in lift? right now the back is lower than the front and the front only has coil spacers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 inch lift will be okay with stock shocks, 3 inch or more you will need longer shocks, as well as longer front brake lines.

im lookin for a 5.5" suspension lift. anybody sellin one ??

Can you take rear leaf springs out of a late 80s early 90s F150?

Is the front suspension of the early 8?-92 Rangers the same as a 92 Explorer? Thanks.

THis is great stuff!

Old but good.

My cheap yet awesome suspension lift? Try this on for size ladies.

1980's-90's TTB F150 front coil springs. This gives you about 2.5" of lift and is the maximum you can do and still get your truck aligned.

For the rear end take your explorer leaf springs and take the leaf pack apart, leaving only the main explorer leaf spring. Get the leaf springs off of an 80's-90's F150 with a towing package (You'll know because it will have 5 leafs in the leaf spring pack). Take the F150 pack apart too. Now bolt the F150 leafs to the explorer main leaf. Build yourself some longer shackles with bar steel and 9/16" grade 8 bolts.

And you've got yourself a 3" lift for junkyard prices. Enjoy.

My cheap yet awesome suspension lift? Try this on for size ladies.

1980's-90's TTB F150 front coil springs. This gives you about 2.5" of lift and is the maximum you can do and still get your truck aligned.

And you've got yourself a 3" lift for junkyard prices. Enjoy.

+1
I did this too and I am very happy. except i need longer rear shocks.

You asked a damn good question man. I am always lookin for a cheep way out but a safe way out. For the hockey puck idea 4 get it. I had a 91 b4 my 91 and did the hockey puck stuff.One day i was doing a little bit o frock crawling nothing fancy just fun , and i got shot up in a verticle stance and my body actaully broke free and slid off the bak end.SO DONT DO IT LERN FROM MY MISTAKE.
Thanks for askin the ??? tho it helped me

Frock crawling is dangerous. Consult your local indecency laws:D

So with the coil spacers and shackles is chamber going to be a issue? Or is that only if you lift too much.?

Back