The one feature you never seem to use & the 1 feature you use? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The one feature you never seem to use & the 1 feature you use?

I was going to add that I have used the keyless entry keypad a few times to lock the car (8-9) but I just discovered I can press the black button on the outside door handle to do the same thing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really love this thread, guys! My challenge to everyone is to choose one item that you listed you “never use” and use it more often! :D

Have you had the sensor checked out at the dealer, Peter?

Cory
Yes Cory. I had it replaced about a year ago. They had to send it to the paint shop first to get it colour matched to the Explorer. Thanks.

Peter

Most used, adaptive cruise control
Least used, push button door combo

The one feature I never use is the securicode keyless entry keypad
and the one I use the most is voice commands for making calls and tuning stations

never used: keypad on door, park assist, the hill decent option??
rarely use: A/C seats (too cold), auto fold seats, sunroof.
always use: power lift gate, voice commands, cruise control, heated seats in winter.

I don't see how you guys would not use the keypad. There are so many occasions where I lock my keys in the car and lock it with the keypad so I don't have to carry them around. I never realized how awesome of a feature it was as this is my first car to have it.

Yeah, I've had the kepad feature since 95 (no pun intended) and there is nothing like throwing the keys in the glove box at the airport and punching in the code when you get back. No keys to lug around on your trip and no way for them to get lost. Only bad thing is when you forget where you parked -- you don't have the panic button.

Nothing like the walk of shame through the parking lot after a red-eye.

I don't see how you guys would not use the keypad. There are so many occasions where I lock my keys in the car and lock it with the keypad so I don't have to carry them around. I never realized how awesome of a feature it was as this is my first car to have it.
How would you get in if the keypad didn't work or if for some reason the battery died? I always carry the fob with me. It's no big deal.

Peter

How would you get in if the keypad didn't work or if for some reason the battery died? I always carry the fob with me. It's no big deal.

Peter

Rock, or a brick, maybe?

On the off chance that would occur, I would be SOL until the spare key showed up toted by the wife, AAA, or a cab ride -- never happened in 17 years. Now it will probably happen next week. Dang you Peter!

I was going to add that I have used the keyless entry keypad a few times to lock the car (8-9) but I just discovered I can press the black button on the outside door handle to do the same thing
phareous,

Discovering new features on your ride is like finding free money!

Yes Cory. I had it replaced about a year ago. They had to send it to the paint shop first to get it colour matched to the Explorer. Thanks...
You’re welcome, Peter; that’s good to know. :)

Rock, or a brick, maybe?
harlenm,

You’re doing it wrong. :D

On the off chance that would occur, I would be SOL until the spare key showed up toted by the wife, AAA, or a cab ride -- never happened in 17 years. Now it will probably happen next week. Dang you Peter!
Be careful of Murphy’s law, Since95!

Cory

Thanks for creating this thread and to all who have posted to it. I am looking forward to the day when my X gets here, so I can see what features I use most! Can't come soon enough!! When it does I'll be sure to add to this! While this site is great, I love reading things like this thread--rather than all the complaints! Thanks for contributing!

Thanks for creating this thread and to all who have posted to it. I am looking forward to the day when my X gets here, so I can see what features I use most! Can't come soon enough!! When it does I'll be sure to add to this! While this site is great, I love reading things like this thread--rather than all the complaints! Thanks for contributing!
JUtecht,

Yeah, I like reading threads like these too. Now that you have your VIN, it’s only a matter of time! :D

Cory

Least used feature - Ambiance lighting - nice to show off but not used otherwise.

Most liked feature.
Adaptive cruise control - liked it the first time I used it on a 40-mile drive home from the dealer where we bought it.

Programed Key Fob - when I touch the driver door it set the seat, side mirrors and gas peddle for me. Then when my wife touches the driver door it set all of them for her.

I like all the other features as well.
I am one who would buy it again.

Back