1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

theft light blinking, cant start truck

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer 911!' started by odxtoxic, December 31, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. odxtoxic

odxtoxic Active Member

City, State:
      Windom, MN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '00 Merc. Mounty
      i bought a remote starter, a PATS interface, ect...while i havn't put the remote starter in yet, i can't get the truck to start when i turn it over because the theft light blinks when i try to start the truck...

i basicly have the entire drivers side dismantled, and all the wireharnesses are all plugged in, while looking at the steering column i did find a small light blue plastic piece by the ignition that felt like it was a switch of some kind....not sure if this is what upset the PATS

does anyone know why my truck is not starting though the starter is working?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. odxtoxic

odxtoxic Active Member

City, State:
      Windom, MN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '00 Merc. Mounty
      i figured it out...

while looking for the tach wire ealier today, i could not figure out what or where the PCM was, so i was taking off harnesses all over....and i simple forgot to re-bolt a harness back in....i did do a simple look test to see if the harness was where it should have been, but did not check to be sure it was connected

so in other words....be sure you plug everything back in :)