Transfer case shaft sensor for 4x4 blinking light. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transfer case shaft sensor for 4x4 blinking light.

not doing sooo good still cold as **** so have not done anything. from e erything i read the module is what causes your automatic engagement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sooo got an update for everyone, transfer case is shot, clutch blew up and some parts were broken. yayyy me lol. Pics to follow

sooo got an update for everyone, transfer case is shot, clutch blew up and some parts were broken. yayyy me lol. Pics to follow

WOW... That sucks.

I had an ridiculous amount of metal on the old sensors, bet I am in the same boat. Yay me too...:(

Definitely post them pictures.

Thanks for the update:thumbsup:

Hopefully its not the same prob, what i deceided to do is throw a junker in there for now. 300 plus fluids and im back in business. I am also going to rebuild old one and if this happens again it will be a matter of swappin it out and rebuilding. Two is always better than one :)

Hopefully its not the same prob, what i deceided to do is throw a junker in there for now. 300 plus fluids and im back in business. I am also going to rebuild old one and if this happens again it will be a matter of swappin it out and rebuilding. Two is always better than one :)

I will going the same route. Let us know how it turns out with the junker.

After a lot of reading here, I decided to go with a AWD transfer case. I purchased one from salvage yard today. It was out of a 04 mountaineer, BW4410. Payed $150 for it. I took a chance on it. I am hoping there is nothing wrong with it.

Does anyone know how would I check this unit to see if it is good working order?

If I spin the input shaft both front and rear drive shaft points spin. I know it is a viscous coupling, so thinking that the force I apply by hand is not enough to test the unit properly. It does spin very easily and not weird noises.

I am wondering if I should take it apart and clean it and not just change the fluid?

Any feedback will be great.

Thanks
Vishant

in the back quater panel on the driver side it is a black box.. right by the washer fluid reservoir

Back