Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

V8 in Sport/5 speed question

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by wpurple, September 27, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. wpurple

wpurple Well-Known Member

City, State:
      CT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      97 Explorer 12 Escape
      Is retrofitting a 5L in a Sport anymore involved/difficult than a 4dr?
      Also, Is there anything more involved with putting in a t5 in a 5L than in a 4L? In other words if you do a 5L swap and want to keep the stick and use a T5, will it be any more difficult retrofit than if you kept the 4L and did the work?

If no to the first question, then what is the difficulty if you can get a wrecked 5L Explorer and just swap (1 way of course)

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. SaleenEXP

SaleenEXP Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, Fl.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Mountaineer
      The 5.0 will fit, I could be wrong but your front end I would guess is the same as the 4dr. People have put the 5.0 in their sports before, try a search and you should get some more info. As for the T5 I'm not sure?