WANTED: (2) 1st Gen locking hubs - broken & CHEAP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WANTED: (2) 1st Gen locking hubs - broken & CHEAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carguy3J

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
North East New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 4dr. XLT SOHC A4WD
What the title says: I need (2) 1st Gen locking hubs. I don't care if they are auto or manual.

What I need is DIRT CHEAP!. I don't care if they are broken. I intend to gut them, and cut the snout off.

I only want them as temporary wheel spacer, to maintain the proper wheel/rotor relationship, while I do an alignment. I have a set of magnetic "bubble" caster/camber gauges, but the hub sticking through the wheel gets in the way. Simply removing them will change the relationship between the rim and the rotor, altering the alignment readings. It would also likely bottom out my lug nuts before tightening the wheel.

I am in Northern NJ.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

still looking?

Possibly, if they are cheap enough. As I said, I'm basically just looking to re-purpose someone's junk. What do you have, and what do you need for them?

93 auto hubs, the ex is being parted out, i would do 10 and you cover shipping

Do you think you can squeeze them into one of the many varieties/sizes of USPS flat-rate boxes? Or would parcel post be cheaper?

SwaintaN: sent you a PM

we are under a power outage, having to post this from the phone, i cant get a box right now, ill have to do it in AM. they closed the post office cause of the outage.

we are under a power outage, having to post this from the phone, i cant get a box right now, ill have to do it in AM. they closed the post office cause of the outage.

No problem. Whenever you get to it.

I'm still kicking myself for scrapping my old auto hubs. I kept them around for a while, and one day I tossed them, before I realized what I could have used them for. Oh well......

[MENTION=85200]Carguy3J[/MENTION] pm me your addy and ill see if parcel post is cheaper. they put it in a 12.xx flat rate box but i got the weight, so might be cheaper parcel post, pm me. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back