Wanted to say hello | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gatorfaninoh

Reaction score
City, State
Sandusky, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorer xlt
First of all hello ford nation, I'm Ryan not exactly new to the site, but new to the forums. I've used this site many of times in reference to working on my beloved, but needy explorer. Now I've miss placed my owner manuel and happen to be in some need of assistance. After finally rewiring my complete radio system( fella before me cut everything then had speaker wire as everything) I've decided to work on getting the keyless remote working again. I picked a remote up at the local u-pull it,where I'm a avid shopper and read a couple threads on how to program it, yet I've had no luck. I'm guessing I have a factory security system installed because there is a black unit with a red light and a white button ( kind of looks like a car amp) located in the rear driver side panel. Now this is where my knowledge ends. I have no loose connecters back there and truly am lost on any steps to identify what this unit is and or If I'm able to program anything. When I press the white button the red light lights of for couple seconds the. Shuts off. I have no idea what is happening any outside help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks again Ryan and by the way this is a great site with sone great people. I'm suprised I haven't joined sooner.

Back