Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

What can you tell me abou this?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Handegard, July 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Handegard

Handegard New Member

City, State:
      Kirkland, WA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 Eddie Bauer
      1FMDU35P1TUC47212

WB_BRK_INT TR_TP/PS_R_AXLE_TR_SPR
      112_4____Z2_____D______D4___U__A F

I'd like to know as much as I can before I make a offer. It's in need of a little work, power windows don't work, headlights are stuck on, and who knows what else.

Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 1998Exp

1998Exp Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Seattle WA
      98 Limited V8 AWD
      4 door, AWD, 5.0L, seems to be a 95 model (not absolutely sure about this one, could be 96).
      3.73 limited slip axle, 4R70W transmission. The rest is obvious stuff like brake and spring types, paint and upholstery colors.

There is a lot of numbers in these codes, but surprisingly little real information.
      If you have a friend at a Ford dealership, they may be able to pull out an a 'build sheet' and service history.

4. Handegard

Handegard New Member

City, State:
      Kirkland, WA
      1997 Eddie Bauer
      I mostly was curious about the differential, and I wanted to confirm the transmission.

It's a '96 5.0. I am curious about the springs too. But it's got no tow package, so I guess they are nothing special...

5. gavin

gavin Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Anchorage, Alaska
      '97 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0L
      spring code is must be just F. Can't be AF, since there is no A torsion bar

F is the lightest leaf spring, and about midway for the torsion bar stiffness

all 5.0 V8 Explorers had the 4R70W transmission and a L/S 3.73 rear axle, afaik