• Register Today It's free!

Which buttons light up?

katiems

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
Not sure if this is an issue or not, but on my XLT when working with the air conditioning, there are two buttons, one says Mytemp and the other says Dual.

Dual lights up when you press it. I cant tell if Mytemp is supposed to light up too? Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but on my XLT when working with the air conditioning, there are two buttons, one says Mytemp and the other says Dual.

Dual lights up when you press it. I cant tell if Mytemp is supposed to light up too? Any thoughts?
I have the Limited and so I don't have the same setup as yours. Looking at the Owner's Guide, I would think that the MyTemp section should light up just as the Dual does. Perhaps someone with the same setup can verify this.

Peter

I'm not at my car but i think my temp is on when climate is on (lit) therefore i don't think my temp lights up. dual lights up when dual is on........

the mytemp button only lights up when your lights are on.

the mytemp button does not light up. You touch it to set the programmed "my temp". It looks like it should light up visually looking at it, but it does not.
Thanks for clarrifying cnsheets. I guess it's not something you use in the dark.;)

Peter

I'm not at my car but i think my temp is on when climate is on (lit) therefore i don't think my temp lights up. dual lights up when dual is on........
I don't think katiems has the Sony touch panel in the XLT. We have the Dual button but not the MyTemp button on that panel. I had to go out to the garage just to confirm.

Peter

I finally saw the MyTemp button light up (its blue).

Since I got the MFT update, I have not seen the MyTemp light. I was about ready to ask if this light was somehow disconnected with the update. I'll check with the headlights on before I go further.

My XLT no longer has a functioning MyTemp indicator light.
I believe this happened with the MFT update.

Can anyone else confirm they lost that functionality?

My XLT no longer has a functioning MyTemp indicator light.
I believe this happened with the MFT update.

Can anyone else confirm they lost that functionality?

confirmed. I no longer have the "my temp" light. not a big deal though.

Back