Now with 35s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Now with 35s

yea yea i know they're thornies but they're better than bald 32 inch mud kings.

explorer_35s_yuaa10.jpg

explorer_35s_yuaa3.jpg

explorer_35s_yuaa4.jpg

explorer_35s_yuaa7.jpg

explorer_35s_yuaa8.jpg

explorer_35s_yuaa13.jpg

explorer_35s_yuaa2.jpg

had to trim the wheel wells a bit to get enough turning radius for around town as you can see in the last pic
explorer_35s_yuaa5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That custom paint job is pretty nice! :D I like it minus the thornturds, but hey, atleast you've got 35s! :D What gears do you have right now?

bmxking5 said:
That custom paint job is pretty nice! :D I like it minus the thornturds, but hey, atleast you've got 35s! :D What gears do you have right now?
stock 3.55s :confused: to make it even worse its an open diff in the rear.

but to be honest i dont really like 4x4ing all too much just wanted to make my daily driver look a little more mean

Hey Wagonized, truck looks great. I really like the black taillight, and corner lense covers. Do you have trouble with the local law enforcement because of the color? If not, where did you find them? How bout that grill... get em' locally?

the tail lights and corner lenses are actually stockers that i sprayed with some VHT niteshades paint. they sell it on summitracing.com. Its supposed to be 50 state legal but im pretty sure mine is too dark.

No trouble with the law yet, but ive been known to get away with some pretty impressive setups (tinted windshields, 12 second car open headers daily driven for 3 weeks).

The grille is from ebay from grill4you. Fitment was very good

thats a pretty good looking 4x4 truck for someone who doesnt really like 4x4ing

BigDave!!! said:
thats a pretty good looking 4x4 truck for someone who doesnt really like 4x4ing

thanks.

its all looks though. sway bars still connected, just a spacer, shackle, and BL. with stock gearing, auto hubs and t-case.

I was thinking about getting more into the 4x4ing but for a daily driven vehicle I just cant sacrifice all the broken parts.

I would still look into gears even though it's only a street driven truck. You put a lot of load on that drivetrain with 35s and 3.55s. Atleast get some 4.10s (probably would help gas mileage wise)

-Drew

really looking good, your thornbirds look as worn out as mine are. After seeing yours im pretty sure I should be able to fit some 35's on

gkscobra said:
really looking good, your thornbirds look as worn out as mine are. After seeing yours im pretty sure I should be able to fit some 35's on
yea they're pretty worn in the middle from the previous owner

middle tread is down to about 15% id say...but the middle outer and outer treads are 80% +

so im guessin those thornbirds throw some mud huh? lol... nice paint job! looks good... i have 33's and 3.55 open diff's... ehh, sluggish... is it pretty bad with 35's?

they throw a ton of mud with the 2.5 inch offset rims. theres more on my roof than anything.

its a lot more sluggish with the 35s that with my 32s but in all honesty for street driving its not that bad.

That thing's fugly. But it's dirty, so I like it! :D

Be carefull with the turds on wet roads. I had a set on my '04 ranger and they were bad. Looked good, noisey as hell and bad on the road.

yea by the time it starts raining again im hoping to have some different tires on it

The thornbirds look bad ass even though they have a bad rap. I bet if you grooved them they would perform a lot better offroad. Maybe not your bald ones but a new set.

BenS said:
The thornbirds look bad ass even though they have a bad rap. I bet if you grooved them they would perform a lot better offroad. Maybe not your bald ones but a new set.
yea thats what ive been told.

they'd perfrom better but still not anything compared to a good tire.

i took them out for a trip in the mud already and found they get clogged extremely easily (maybe because they're bald in the middle) but worked very very well in loose sand...go figure

Back