3" dwv 45 deg elbow 2.19$
3x2 flexible coupling 5.99$
tax 1.43$
total 21.29$

x8001.jpg

after paint...

x8008.jpg

got this on the way...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-0...012844599QQcategoryZ33659QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
filter_explorer.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it work well?

so far yes , it seems more peppy and it is a lot better than the stock one that had cracks all over it . i'd say the open filter will be the best gain , we will see .

but with it and the flowmaster it will shurley breath better...

That looks awesome! Why not just use black PVC to start with?

I have to see what its like once you get that filter from ebay - because I just may do this myself!

at are little store here in town , i did not see black PVC . so that might be a good thing to look for if you try it on yours..

new pic , the filter is still on the way...

2048705_56_full.jpg

Black would be ABS, but hell glues up the same

ah many years ago I went down this same path!

The hood is hard to clear :)

It worked well for me despite people saying PVC released gasses into the intake when it gets hot, etc.

any hood clearance issues like 410Fortune had with his setup?

NO ! LOL....

2048705_53_full.jpg

haha nice!

so does that mean a stock hood would have trouble? although the intake stretches past the cowl on your hood...

if you go with 3" PCV and route over the radiator is will cause issues, and to get away from the rad you get closer to the alternator.

Yes you can fit it, just be careful

thanks 410Fortune , did not know if it would fit or not on his . im going a Electric cooling fan soon so i could even go lower with that on there will be no fan shroud in the way..

so who has been saying the PVC released gasses ? i looked on here and googled it, id like to read up on it...

OH man I dunno this was way back when I had the 2.9L, it was on Fordranger.com years ago.

Like I said I never had any problems with my PVC and I have seen it used ALOT over the years.

Now I use rubber intake hoses if I can (less heat soak), and if I wanted a custom tube I would have a local exhaust shop bend up a pipe.....thats cheap too and works great.

the onyl problem I see with PVC aside fmro the size of it, is the ridges the air will have to flow over inside....

I highly doubt there will be enough heat for gasses to be emitted from the PVC into your intake.

This is most likely something that is theory with no hard evidence with regards to an intake setup on the 4.0. (which would require sensors being installed to monitor the air for content.)

I'm sure if you got the pvc REALLY hot - as in scalding meltdown temps, maybe.....

hahaah ! that would suck ! lol...

pughman said:
thanks 410Fortune , did not know if it would fit or not on his . im going a Electric cooling fan soon so i could even go lower with that on there will be no fan shroud in the way..

Be careful, a lot of people that remove the fan shroud start having cooling problems, even with a nice electric fan there...that shroud seems to really help.

Regarding the PVC, looks like a good job there. I might suggest you put some sort of filter over the end of your breather hose though. Don't just leave it open like that.

i got one on there , in the last pic you can see it...

Oh yeah! Duh. By the way, your blue-painted splash shield looks neat. You know yours is one of the few 1st gens I've seen that had that shield intact. Seems like 90% of them are busted in half, or maybe there were two designs? Mine is half that size and does not have "4.0 EFI" on it.

i think the 94's was not like mine...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are two designs for the OHV, I hate those big suckers, I like the old ones :)

Back