B&A: Computer Monitors (17" CRT to 20" Wide) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B&A: Computer Monitors (17" CRT to 20" Wide)

Well, I gave myself an early Christmas present this year - especially with ebay running a 10% coupon (expires tomorrow 11/30). Anyway, it's a Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen LCD monitor. It's a very cool monitor and saves a lot of space on my small little desk. Take a peek (sorry for the bad pictures).

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before: 17" CRT

Attachments

• 000_0633_0001.JPG
    000_0633_0001.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 000_0635.JPG
    000_0635.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 411

After: 20.1" 2005FPW LCD Flat Panel

Attachments

• 000_0650.JPG
    000_0650.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 000_0652.JPG
    000_0652.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 417

definately sexy.

what are you doing with the old crt now? once i got a new lcd, i used the old one for dual monitor support. once you have more than 1 screen, you can never go back.

I'd hit it. Looks nice!

phuct said:
what are you doing with the old crt now? once i got a new lcd, i used the old one for dual monitor support. once you have more than 1 screen, you can never go back.

The old CRT will be put back in its box and will wait for its day again. Once I get my other computer at my girlfriends place -- the flat monitor will go there and the CRT will be back with this computer.

-Drew

Very nice.. I would go dual monitor setup.. Once you do, you'll never want to go back.

Blee1099 said:
Very nice.. I would go dual monitor setup.. Once you do, you'll never want to go back.

That would be cool -- but as you can see... no room for 2 monitors.

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
That would be cool -- but as you can see... no room for 2 monitors.

-Drew

Get a bigger desk or put the desktop on the ground or somewhere else.

Awesome! I myself just got a new setup at home, I got a deal at Comp USA I could NOT pass up.
I got a Samsung 19" LCD for $325 and a new HP desktop, 3 GHZ, 1 G Ram, DVD burner, 250 M HD, etc etc $900

After rebates the whole deal was under $1000

Once you have flat screen you will NEVER go back. I can't stand those round monitors anymore! hahaha

Blee1099 said:
Get a bigger desk or put the desktop on the ground or somewhere else.

hes got the idea!

i bought a whole other desk to put next to my current one. you desperately need the room for 4 monitors and a laptop. but also, 3 of those are damn crt's :\

well at least my room stays warm during winter..

at school we have 17" CRT monitors and everything look so odd. Many of the pages I look at are all squeeze together.

-Drew

This is how I rock the 17s..... This website on one and Winter XGames on the other.

Attachments

• rover (Medium).jpg
    rover (Medium).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 315

Update: I recently bought a Laptop that has a dual video card - so I use the 20-incher on that

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Drew

this is my set up, cept i have a black keyboard now and (not in pic) is to my left when in the chair is my 60" sony wega which is connected via Svideo
IMG_0045.jpg

Cool set up, but I promise you - you'll be amazed by the room you'll save by going to a flat panel. It's amazing! :thumbsup:

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back