10 runs of 1/0 in 2nd gen | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

10 runs of 1/0 in 2nd gen

ive dealt with knu a few times now and only have good things to say. This KLM 1/0 I just purchased isnt as flexible as I would have thought but it really makes no difference to me. Ive used welding cable for 6 years and its more than flexible enough for any install ive ever done. The guys at knu return emails extremely quickly which is another added bonus. Very personable company.

Bill @ Knukonceptz (the owner) is great to deal with. I've bought many many things there over the past few years since he opened up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

although the removable link is a good idea it would still require a break or joint in the power wire which would have the possibility to add resistance.

I agree that me saying fuses arent necessary probably isnt the best piece of advice for your average Joe. It certainly isnt. Hopefully nobody has gone and removed the fuses in their power wire to try and get their system louder. Because that wont work, to your ear atleast.

Guess it would depend on where all the power leads are getting hooked to, right to the battery or to a bar or ? I'm kind of curious to see how you are going to tie all the amperage together in the front end seeing that I'm planning on stealing a few of the spl guys tricks to do the 12vt under the hood in my truck soon I hope, tho I'm not running amps, just duel batts a winch, plow motor, way too many warning lights and poss a high amp feed for a rear winch/jumpstart plug

Guess it would depend on where all the power leads are getting hooked to, right to the battery or to a bar or ? I'm kind of curious to see how you are going to tie all the amperage together in the front end seeing that I'm planning on stealing a few of the spl guys tricks to do the 12vt under the hood in my truck soon I hope, tho I'm not running amps, just duel batts a winch, plow motor, way too many warning lights and poss a high amp feed for a rear winch/jumpstart plug

im bending two silver plated copper bars into an L shape one for each terminal.

they attach at the terminal and bend back over the top of the battery where all the wires attach.

hopefully ill be done soon. although I might just go with regular copper bars from a local source to get it done sooner.

save time and money... put a couple batteries or batcaps in the rear and have them connected in parrallel with the one in fron of vehicle so they can still charge

he can't do that

its an spl vehicle but it will also be driven a few days a week for misc things. I could never build a try SPL only vehicle that Im not able to drive...that defeats the purpose for me. I like to bump it loud as hell daily too

My problem also...I run mine every day and I do not want to build my box in a way that will hurt sound quality....I am trying to pull a 152 or so with a good sounding street system and run under the same rules you have run with.... for me my one run of 1/0 is fine for me...

Ameature street is what you are running under right.

My problem also...I run mine every day and I do not want to build my box in a way that will hurt sound quality....I am trying to pull a 152 or so with a good sounding street system and run under the same rules you have run with.... for me my one run of 1/0 is fine for me...

Ameature street is what you are running under right.

you wont get up to 152 on the termlab on the dash with a daily tuned box and the gear you're running.

even with a bunch of testing and a full out spl setup it could be very difficult.

best bet is to build two different enclosures...one for spl and one for daily

you wont get up to 152 on the termlab on the dash with a daily tuned box and the gear you're running.

even with a bunch of testing and a full out spl setup it could be very difficult.

best bet is to build two different enclosures...one for spl and one for daily

Thats my though to do another box for spl only

even then..if you truely are serious about that 152 your best bet is to buy your own termlab mic

i want to see that box lol, i want something like that in my 03 ex.

this particular box is actually for a single atomic apx 15....im using it for daily

its a 6th order bandpass.

atomic_bandpass3.jpg

wow that is nice man looks like a horn, i have 2 15" HX2 i want to build a box for everyday but i don't know what/where to get it.

wow that is nice man looks like a horn, i have 2 15" HX2 i want to build a box for everyday but i don't know what/where to get it.

its a lot different than a horn...basically just a ported box inside a ported box.

best bet is to build your own box...cant go wrong there and much cheaper

I never got past a 149.9 in dbdrag with a street tuned box :(

I hope that atomic sounds better for you then mine did me - I didn't think they hit the low notes very well without lots of airspace.

I never got past a 149.9 in dbdrag with a street tuned box :(

I hope that atomic sounds better for you then mine did me - I didn't think they hit the low notes very well without lots of airspace.

the rear chamber is 4.5 cubes and the front 3.5 so its should hopefully hit good and low.

if not ill just make a giant ported box for both APX's I have

Back