'00 Ford Ranger Daily Driver

RFR2212

Typing Police
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
So I got caught in a dilema. Do i suck it up and pay the 3.70/gal for diesel and drive my 1 ton dually around town or find something friendlier. Our local Ford dealer had an '00 Ranger 3.0 v-6 flex fuel motor 4x4 supercab and I walked out with it for all include at what their retail was. I worked a decent deal and it worked out well. it's a sharp truck and have managed 17mpg in town but i was pretty weak on the gas for that week. Realistically, I'm probly getting 15 city/19hwy. I can run the e85 which roughly works out to be the same at gas but supports our country so I try to fill up when I can. It's a great truck so far and am border line modding it out and leaving it 100% stock. At this time, i think the stereo will be the only thing done as my only other mods would be a TT crank to fit my 33in swampers w/o a body lift. So I think the truck will be stock. Anyways, here's my new DD and i'm back in the quarter ton group of trucks...

Pedro

Also these were the summer dealer pics. Maybe after I clean 'er up, i'll throw some other pics up.

Attachments

• thumbCAK23X3A.jpg
    thumbCAK23X3A.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 343
  • thumbCAZ9T1PK.jpg
    thumbCAZ9T1PK.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 348
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 334

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...:thumbsup:...i know my ranger has helped my pocket book ....and 4wd ...what more could you ask for...:D

Hardly makes sense to me to buy another vehicle to save a few cents per gallon, when you only get 15-17mpg. But hey, whatever floats your boat ;)
I say leave it stock if your intention is to save money on gas.
Looks nice anywho

Well the milage is the same as my diesel. Also 550ft/lbs and 2x4 doesnt do very well in the snow. At that, I'm saving about 40-60 cents a gallon. Oh, and I take it you haven't driven a dually work truck as a daily driver for 2 years. That'd make you think otherwise..

oooo really nice find:thumbsup::D

Back