My uber awesome 99 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My uber awesome 99 Sport

1999 Explorer Sport

After seeing so many people post pictures of their explorers I decided to jump on the bandwagon and do the same.

My X is pretty much stock right now except for the warrior shackles. I did a torsion twist up front to even out the front and the rear, I also ordered 3" Fabtech spindles and 2" add a leafs for the rear. Tomorrow I'm going downtown to pick up a four door leaf pack for my X. I already decided on tires as well either BFG A/T or M/T just have to figure out what size. Still trying to figure out which shocks to buy.

Before I post I want to thank everyone for all the advice they have given me thus far, carlover, swak6287, mounty71, costman13, mynameisaric, -NODNARB-, white96x, and AiwaExplorer, I'm sure I forgot a few people but without all the help and advice I would still be clueless as to what to do with my X. So I just wanted to give a big thanks to you all!

Anyways here are the pictures in no specific order, also I threw in a picture of my buddys ranger getting stuck for laughs. I'm the one digging his lazy butt out. Hope you enjoy.

Mods:

3" Fabtech Spindle Lift
T/T
Leaf pack from a 4 door explorer
2" Add-A-Leaf
Rancho 5000's
BFG A/T 32x15x10.50

mytruck.jpg

Stock, about a month after I bought it from my uncle, no shackles, no torsion twist, just in the driveway chillin.

racingmyfriend.jpg

Just goofing off in the desert racing a friend, picture is from my friends cab.

atthelake.jpg

At the lake, can't really see it though, this is where my friends ranger got stuck =)

ford.jpg

After racing through the desert in the picture before last.

002.jpg

Before the torsion twist, had the shackles though.

007.jpg

After the torsion twist.

004.jpg

Just another angle.

slowertrafficright.jpg

New sticker from leftlanedrivers.org, and it works, most of the time. ;)

008.jpg

The shackles.

009.jpg

Cab.

010.jpg

mydeck.jpg

The deck.

And last but not least...

My friends ranger, stuck at the lake. Had a lifted durango pull him out.

itsstuck.jpg

stuck2.jpg

Better view. Actually an action shot you can see behind the cab above the bed of the truck the mud flying threw the air from the durango.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice sport u got there keep up the good work

another 1 bites the modding dust!! welcome
nice lil x u got there
enjoy!

Thanks guys! Can't wait till I get my spindles, just talked to the guy who was confirming my order, should be here by Monday. :confused:

Looks good, I would get some alignment cams for the upper control arms, your tires are definately a little too much negative camber.

I noticed that too Blee, thought it was just me lol :eek: that pic was also taken before I did the torsion twist so the front end of my X was slopped downward. I wonder if that could of had something to do with it. I'll look at it tonight and if need be, buy alignment cams.

I haven't posted in a while but I finally got my 3" spindles installed along with the 2" add a leafs. I'm going down to pick up my X tomorrow and to get tires - can't decide, I'm stuck between BFG A/T or Hankook Dynapro M/T RT03's I've heard great things about both and the majority of people I've talked to said they went from BFG A/T to the Hankooks and haven't looked back. I'll post pics tomorrow when I get home by then hopefully I decided on a tire. :)

Got my X back today here is the somewhat finished project. I just need to find someway to lift the rear more. I added a 2" add a leaf to the leaf pack I already have as well as the shackles - didn't do much though as you can tell. Rides like a champ though.

Also bought 32x11.50x15 BFG A/T's.

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

I'll get more pictures up when I get AA batteries tomorrow.

Once you start, you cant stop. I know for me its just a matter of time and money, mostly money lol. I did the TT and Shackle to my 95 XLT hopefully getting 31s in the next couple weeks.

It all started when I went to a local shop to get an alignment and they said they couldn't because all the parts were worn. Not a problem, they looked up how much it would cost for them to get the parts and I was looking at around 800 dollars (including install if I wanted them too). Told them no thanks and found a kit online with everything for 190 :) took me and a friend about three hours to replace the parts.

I also replaced my old shocks with Rancho 5000's but ran into a problem with the rear shocks being to short >:/ I'll get new picks up this weekend, finally evened out the rear of my truck with the front too. One thing I hated.

Very nice!! :thumbsup:

lookin good keep up good work

Went out to the lake with a few friends, found a few mud puddles on the road leading up to the lake so we decided to have a little fun.

26084_357158073528_515223528_4799083_4667090_n.jpg

My friends Ranger got stuck trying to go through one of the puddles.

033.jpg

Standing in the bed looking surprised.

26084_357158218528_515223528_4799097_5939503_n.jpg

Pulling him out, you can see the yellow recovery strap.

26084_357158198528_515223528_4799096_1361626_n.jpg

Can barely see it but you can make out the yellow recover strap attached to the front of his truck and the back of mine.

The rest of the pictures are just us goofing off.

015.jpg

011.jpg

028.jpg

26084_357158003528_515223528_4799074_3855542_n.jpg

26084_357157968528_515223528_4799072_4544748_n.jpg

26084_357158233528_515223528_4799099_7192193_n.jpg

010.jpg

26084_357158008528_515223528_4799075_3213646_n.jpg

048.jpg

014.jpg

i'm seeing a patter with that ranger.... lol
i sent you a pm, but afterwards i saw that this is a pretty recent thread...
would those fabtech 3" spindles work on my 98 2wd mounty?

i'm seeing a patter with that ranger.... lol
i sent you a pm, but afterwards i saw that this is a pretty recent thread...
would those fabtech 3" spindles work on my 98 2wd mounty?

Yup they'll work just fine, make sure they're for a Ranger with torsion bars though, I PMed you back and sent you the link here it is again though

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS98100.html

:)

that link says the following
"Fabtech recommends the use of 31x10.50R15 tires mounted on 15x7 wheels with no more than 3.75" inches of back space (may require minor trimming) for use with this 3" spindle lift. These spindles will not fit any Ranger EDGE or torsion bar equipped models!"

that link says the following
"Fabtech recommends the use of 31x10.50R15 tires mounted on 15x7 wheels with no more than 3.75" inches of back space (may require minor trimming) for use with this 3" spindle lift. These spindles will not fit any Ranger EDGE or torsion bar equipped models!"

I have 32x10.50x15 rims and haven't had a problem with any rubbing, haven't had to do any trimming either, once these tires go I'm going to up it to 33's i might have to trim then but I won't mind. I'm already planning on taking off the front bumper and making a tube one like dixon bros have. im pretty sure I'll have to trim in the rear but until that time comes im not to worried about it, it's nothing to crazy. You'll be fine, quite a few people on this site run spindles.

Here's the correct link. http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTSEDGE.html that was my mistake, good eye ;)

looks good. i liked that sticker. whyd you take it off?

Haha I loved that sticker, I was changing lanes behind a gravel truck on the way to work, next thing I know my windshield is cracked so I had to replace it, I'm thinking about ordering a new one though especially because all the snowbirds are here and don't seem to understand the concept of the left lane or the speed limit for that matter.

that sucks. broken glass is not fun. i understand the concept of the speed limit 0-40 mph add 5, 45-50mph add 10-15, 55mph add up to 30 but no less then 15 :)
i was thinking of making one for myself, only having arrows pointing to each side. and prob doing it on the lip of the hood or something like that. things hanging on the mirror/stuff on the (front)glass bothers me to much

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol not at all i think ive gone through about 4 windshields out here so far :banghead: haha and that's exactly my concept of the speed limit, granted i know all the spots i need to slow down at because the sheriffs out here sit in the same areas. same with DPS on the highway, but by my house the speed limit is 75 so I really have no need to go above that and most of the time they pull over semi's :D

they're good stickers, would love to see a final product if you do make one I know there was another one on the site that just says "MOVE OVER ---->" thought about getting that but didn't want to be too mean to the people in front of me. i shouldn't care but i do lol

www.leftlanedrivers.org is the site if you wanted to take a peek

Back