What I want to do!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What I want to do!!!

I think I like the BFG Mud Terrains... The Nittos just don't look as mean.... What do you all think...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it depends on what kind of driving you do. If you go off road a lot and need that traction go with the mud KM2. If you just want a mean look go with an all terrain - a general grabber at2 or a bfg all terrain. The mud terrain wear out very fast on the road but they look awsome.

Lift has been ordered. I Can't wait to get it on... I'll take pictures once I get it installed. Has anyone heard anything about Goodyear Dura Trac's I saw some good reviews and some pictures and they look like great tires. Anyone know anything about them.

it depends on what kind of driving you do. If you go off road a lot and need that traction go with the mud KM2. If you just want a mean look go with an all terrain - a general grabber at2 or a bfg all terrain. The mud terrain wear out very fast on the road but they look awsome.

It will a little bit of both. I'll be driving back and forth to work but some offroading as well... What are some aggressive AT that are available that look rugged but wear slowely???

both wear pretty slow. Pretty sure the grabber has a 60,000 mile tread warranty.

Ok I'm going to place an order on the Nitto Terra Grapplers hopefully tomorrow. I saw a set of my friends and fell in love... Now waiting on lift and then tires and wheels... Can't wait... I'll keep you all updated.

I have the Tires on the way... Nitto Terra Grapplers 265 75 16 and a 5/16th in spacer to push it out a little since I'm using the factory wheel for now until I find one I like. They should be here next week... I hope I can work on my lift this weekend... Anyone have suggestions on how to install it? Hints they learned? Etc... Thanks guys I'll take pictures.

This is kind of what the tire and wheel will look like... Can't wait...

mt700-nittoterragrappler.jpg

Ok I have the front of my lift installed... Damn that was fun... I'll get the rear installed tomorrow night hopefully... Tires Should be here by wednesday... I'll post pictures when finished...

Ok lift is on I'll take pictures tonight... The tires are stuck in Colorado and they shipped from Missouri and going to Arkansas.... Long store short... They won't be here till Friday the earliest Monday the latest... Damn Shipping Manager...

I just read your other thread on the tires. That sucks but It will be like Christmas once you get them and installed! I'm in for pics of the final look. :thumbsup:

I just read your other thread on the tires. That sucks but It will be like Christmas once you get them and installed! I'm in for pics of the final look. :thumbsup:

Thanks dude... I'll get the pics of the lift hopefuly tonight if I can them before it gets dark... I called UPS and they aren't even able to ship them back out till tonight and they are telling me they will be here Monday now... I just want my damn tires :(... I know patience is a virtue...I just ran out of it...

Didn't get to take pics tonight... Maybe tomorrow night... I guess I have time now since My tires won't be here till Monday... I'll post more when I get some pictures...

Cant wait to see pics. how did the lift install go. I have been debating on it.

Cant wait to see pics. how did the lift install go. I have been debating on it.

Wasn't too bad... I might do a write up on it when I'm finished to help out... The front wasn't too bad... I had to use a 2X4 to pry down on the upper A arm to get the Ball joint reattached... on the second side but over all the front took me about 2 hours. The back was another story. The first side took me a lot longer since I had to disconnect the control arm and my jack kept getting in the way... but it wasn't to bad... I should have pictures tonight and I'll post some tomorrow..

Lift and Tires Done

Ok guys. I got my tires and lift complete. Here are some pictures. I will keep my eyes open for a stock one to park beside to get some comparison pictures... Let me know what you all think. Now for the bull bar and debadging the sided doors. I got the back almost done. I'll keep you all posted.

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

While they are nothing but damage multipliers I think a full brush guard w/ some Hellas would look spectacular. If you don't care about gas a Yak Rak would be hot too..that's just if it were mine.

While they are nothing but damage multipliers I think a full brush guard w/ some Hellas would look spectacular. If you don't care about gas a Yak Rak would be hot too..that's just if it were mine.

Convincing the wife about full brush gard will be harder than it sounds.,.. She barely likes the bull bar but says it looks ok... I would love a Yak Rak but i do care about gas so I will probably either postpone that one or eliminate it completly. I would like a light bar up there but not sure if anyone makes one to fit my ex.. Anyone else know who makes one...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw in another thread that you got your lift from Truxxx.com but do you have a link to where you bought it, im interested in details because i like how your ex looks, much better and not to crazy. :thumbsup:

Back