Reaction score
City, State
Grit City, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 “Sport”
Originally posted by Paul:
(There Phil, happy now?)

Posted by Phil:
Happier.... Ditto what Paul said! I'll bet you have your rig fixed up before Paul fixes his.

Okay, so no intent on highjacking Andy's thread, so here's here's how I've been spending my rainy (and recently freezing) weekends.

Getting a newly built, uninsulated detached garage ready for a serious workshop. Its a "double-tandem", so a four car unit. Plenty of room for the Explorer (19 years old, first time in a garage), Mustang, and two motorcycles. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Attachments

• Garage OSB.JPG
    Garage OSB.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 508
  • The Crew.JPG
    The Crew.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 478
  • Roughed.JPG
    Roughed.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 701
  • Trimmed.JPG
    Trimmed.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 911

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow!

Is that voluntary or involuntary? and what is in Molsons mouth??

Just in time for a snow wheelin trip on the 26th.

You knew I'd be first to respond
;)

very nice. My Explorer was parked in a garage last night for the 1st time since I've owned it...it was a great feeling getting out and seeing it sitting there (& I even drove the ol beast to work today). The truck in a garage is going to be a permanent thing for me very soon as well.

Is that voluntary or involuntary? and what is in Molsons mouth??

Just in time for a snow wheelin trip on the 26th.

Voluntary! Terri's been helping out, so may also have a motivation for me to hang out in the gargage . . .:scratch:

You've seen the gararge Phil, just making it better. OSB below to take the hard hits and sheetrock above... Once the paint is on (first coat of primer this weekend), I'll run cable out for the T.V., already got the stereo with Sirius, and the "Beverages Only" fridge will follow shortly... Carpet? Already have the Barcalounger. . .

No plans to mud or tape the sheetrock seams, going to place 4" aluminum tread plate chair rail in the joints between sheetrock and sheetrock and OSB.

Molson's chomping on a chunk of OSB - - pretty gray, but close to 12!

What's up on the 26th? Haven't been on the site much. . .

My Explorer was parked in a garage last night for the 1st time since I've owned it...it was a great feeling getting out and seeing it sitting there (& I even drove the ol beast to work today). The truck in a garage is going to be a permanent thing for me very soon as well.

Danny - How's it going? Back to Moab this year? Still in AZ?

Yea, the Exploder in the garage is a good thing. Its been in there for a year now (nice since I've left the Safari doors on), but when I'm finished it should be set up pretty well.

Paul
'91 Sport

Phase 1

Got the first phase complete - - primer only, will paint in the Spring when the weather is more consistent...

Paul
'91 Sport

Attachments

• Shelves T.V..JPG
    Shelves T.V..JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 444
  • Shelves & Bikes.JPG
    Shelves & Bikes.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 422

You want to come tidy up my gargage:D?
I got 1400 SqFt and I am working outside on my Dodge

Man Cave Update. . .

. . . or "How I spent the last few weekends. . .":hammer:

So here's the final(?) product . . . With a before and after shot. . .

Paul

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 346
  • Cabinet.jpg
    Cabinet.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Shelves.jpg
    Shelves.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Dart Board.jpg
    Dart Board.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 348

Now I feel even worse about my shop... Looks good Paul

Now we'll never be invited back over. That shop is way to clean for likings of some of us. seriously looks really good though Paul.

Looks great Paul. Nice big garage:chug:

Thanks for the compliments - - and you guys are always welcome to come over and make sure the fridge is properly stocked . . . Can't believe no one noticed the case of PBR [in bottles, no less] on the shelf...)

The first thing Terri said when I finished was "Guess it's time for another Explorer get-together..."

So maybe after the next Tahuya Run . . .

Paul
'91 Sport

The new pics are tiny.. I can't see much detail.. I do think I see a bottle of Arrogant ******* in one of the phase 1 pics though.

~Mark

Bored. . .

:scratch:

So finally had some time on my hands to update these small photos to normal size. . .
1 Workbench Small.JPG

1 Wall Small.JPG

1 Dart Board Fridge Small.JPG

1 Bikes and Sheves Small.JPG

Paul

Last ones, promise. . . . ;)

1 Tool Box Small.JPG

1 Lazy Boy Small.JPG

1 Cabinets Small.JPG

1 Window Small.JPG

Paul

That's a really nice setup you have there Paul. Really, really nice!

Back