2002 Limited Updated Pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Limited Updated Pics

the mirrors bolt right up but the tails are a little tricky. You need the mounting screws along with the grommets that the pins clip into off a 4th gen. Also you need the top socket which needs to be wired to the brown and black wire on the bottom socket and you need the 4th gen reverse light socket and plug(which needs to be rewired) as its differant. I bought mine used off ebay which came with the bulbs, sockets, and wires which made it easy for me but I still need the grommets off a 4th gen as I just rigged the old one to work for now. Once I get the grommets I will do a write up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the mirrors bolt right up but the tails are a little tricky. You need the mounting screws along with the grommets that the pins clip into off a 4th gen. Also you need the top socket which needs to be wired to the brown and black wire on the bottom socket and you need the 4th gen reverse light socket and plug(which needs to be rewired) as its differant. I bought mine used off ebay which came with the bulbs, sockets, and wires which made it easy for me but I still need the grommets off a 4th gen as I just rigged the old one to work for now. Once I get the grommets I will do a write up.

ok hey thanks your ex looks good man

Rims

Hey dude, might have missed it in the thread, but what rims are those and where did you get them? Are they 16's? What tire size are you running? Also, do you have TPMS on yours and if so, how did you deal with the sensors on the new rims.

Looks awesome.

I bought the rims off a member on here and they are 17x8 American Racing Fuel teflon coated that were powder coated black. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler A/T in a 265/70/17. The tires rub a little on the passenger side wheel well but its just barely and its plastic so its not a big deal. Also no TPMS for me, so I cant help you there

Awesome, thanks for the info. Unfortunately TPMS makes it difficult to just throw on after market rims.

Looks good. You should get some chrome door handles imo. :thumbsup:

Latest updates are a K&N CAI installed, just recieved my port and polished intake plenum and I am waiting on my BBK 75mm throttle body to come in but after some discussing with a few people the 75mm might be a little overkill so I might sell that and switch to a 70mm. If anyone is interested in the 75mm one pm me for details. Here is a couple pics of the plenum.

DSCN1020.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

DSCN1022.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

Looks purty!!! Put the 75mm on and see how you like it. If it doesn't work like you want, then get the smaller one. Seems like you are about to have more mods than me, wanna race:D

thats gonna look sweet bro!

Problem is the guy I bought the 75mm off of shipped it to my old address in California so im not going to get it for a couple weeks and I have an oppurtunity to get the 70mm for cheaper. I know I can sell the 75mm for atleast what I bought it for if not more. If your interested Limited pm me and I will give it to you for the same price I bought it and you obviously wont have to pay shipping. That goes for anyone else on the site but you would have to pay shipping. I got it for $85 in excellent condition. And yes the TB looks pretty but it will be covered up by my engine cover.

I like your ride. Any plans to remove teh v8 emblem?

Thanks for the compliments. The V8 is staying for now, because I think its a cool emblem. Maybe when I do some more performance mods and want it to be a sleeper I will take it off, so ricers dont know its a V8 when I pull up and then crush them, lol.

Well I finally got my upper intake and BBK 75mm throttle body installed. The person I bought the TB off shipped it to my old address so it took a couple weeks to get here. I didnt really have time to drive it because I had to leave right after I got it installed, but I will post the results in the morning. The only problem I really ran into is the throttle cable having a little too much slack in it. I put some zip ties in between the clamp on the end of the cable and the gas pedal to free some of the slack for now but I would like to shorten the cable if its possible. The other thing is its ideling aroud 500 rpms which is a little low but thats an easy fix. Here is a few pics

DSCN1025.jpg

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

i which that was my engine bay...

Looks slow:D

My bday is coming up and I want the CAI and throttle body/plenum combo you have on your ex. I'll give you my stock parts and a root beer. PM me your address and we'll meet up:D

......JK;)

WOW is all I can say. I am more then impressed with the plenum and throttle body and highly recommend it. I havent really got on it too hard but it really gets up and goes when I stomp on the pedal. With the CAI, TB, and plenum it feels like a whole new car. Havent driven it far enough to notice any MPG gains but I would assume it will improve a little if I can keep from stepping on the pedal so much.

So are you now feeling like going to the track? Your next mod should be either an efan or a tuner. If you are game for the track, I bet we would be neck and neck to the finish line;)

My next mod are wheel bearings:D because they seem to be howling a bit when driving.(and slowing me down because of the added friction;)) Two coats of wax and some weight loss, I may visit 14's in the 1/4:D (They say waxed cars run faster times;))

I know this thread is old but I would love to see some more pics of your truck tyler02

I'll send him a text and let him know about this. I would also like to meet up with him and get some pics of both our rides together!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My life has been crazy the last couple months and I have had no time to do anything to the EX latley, unfortunately! Im going to try and give it a bath tomorrow and I will see if I can borrow my sisters Cannon DSLR and try and get some pics. Limited02 and I have been planning on meeting up and taking some pics but we both have been too busy.

Back