2002 Limited Updated Pics | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Limited Updated Pics

Car is not getting totaled, the estimate as of now if right at $4500 only about 50% of the value. Radiator support was not bad at all and is already repaired to brand new condition. I will be getting money for the headlights and grille, so i will be ordering a street scene grille and retrofitting tsx projectors. Should have the car back by Friday but Monday at the latest.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When she's all pretty and clean, we'll need to get some pictures taken and get a sound clip of our exhaust. We've been putting it off for far to long!!!

I am glad to hear that you will be keeping it, but kind of sad I can't buy the CAI off you:) The search continues!!!

They are American Racing Fuel 17x8's that I got for stupid cheap off Donner on this site. They were originally teflon coated but he had them powdercoated black because he didnt like the grey look and never mounted them. Not only did I get all four for the price of one but to this day the only rims I like, atleast for my Ex and the look im going for.

Thanks and those rims look amazing! :thumbsup: I want to see if I can pick up a set of those.

EDIT: And good to hear the Ex is not being totaled! :thumbsup:

Glad its not getting totalled bro!

Did some shopping for the Ex! Got the street scene grill ordered, new oem headlights that I will be painting black and retrofitting projects into. Still not sure on the projectors but will prob go with RX330 AFS projectors with TSX-R lenses and DDM 5000k hids. Got a stock grille(need shell for street scene grille), same black corners that I had, new oem driver fog light because I got a brand new one for half Ford wanted for a recycled one, I will most likely get hids with the difference. Also got a new Oem driver door handle because I broke mine a while back. I'm having them paint my back appliqué panel because I just spray painted it when I replaced it and they are also painting the door handle as long as I get it in the mail tomorrow. Wasn't happy at first that it was getting fixed but now I can't wait to get it back.

glad to hear it wasnt totalled, and shopping for new stuff is always a good time !

5K HID Low's / 3K HID Fog's will look really good ! - just a suggestion for the fogs :)

just curious since your getting it back and updating the X a little bit, would you mind posting your mod list that have done so far, and plan to do now that it will be back in service Tyler ?

Thanks Caldwell!

Mod List-

Exterior Mods:
17x8 AR Fuel Rims
4TH Gen Heated Side Mirrors
4Th Gen Tailights
15% Tinted Front Windows
Blacked out 3rd Brake Light
Black Headlights w/ Retrofit Projectors & 5000k HIDS
Black Corner Lights
Black Chrome Street Scene Grille
3000K HID Fog Lights

Interior:
Avic F-90BT Double Din Navigation
15" RE SE Sub in Custom Flare Ported enclosure that I built
Infinity Kappa rear door speakers
Mountaineer Guage Cluster
Fusion Key

Performance Mods:
K&N CAI
BBK 75MM Throttle Body
Port & Polished Plenum
Magnaflow Muffler
New Front Wheel Bearings
New Sway Bar Bushings

Future Mods:
Underdrive Pulley
Change stock exhaust piping to 2.5" and remove resonator
Tuner
Infinity Kapa Components for Front
Custom Interior
Paint
List Goes On!!!!!!!!

Saaaweeeeeet! When you get your lights figured out, I want to see them in person! I'd really like to do something like that myself someday. If you need more money to fund your headlights, I'll buy the CAI off you:D

I was actually at Olathe Ford this morning getting a recall fixed on my Ex, didn't see yours though.

Im getting that recall fixed as well why it is there. The body shop is on the other side of I-35 though, they have a seperate lot for the collision center and small showroom and lot. We will definitely get together when its all put together so we can snap some pics, hopefully we get some more snow.

Forgot I never put pics up of my new sub and box. Here is a couple pics from when I was building it, I still need to cover it though and get the box mounted so it doesnt keep sliding around. I will get some updated pics when I get it back.

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Damn, that's a nice box! It also helps that your bro-in-law has slick little shop attached for woodworking. I was(am) VERY jealous of his little workshop:D Check out my built-in cabinet thread, finally updated with finished pictures.

Big unexpected update but Ronnin gave me a sweet deal on his 2.25/2.0 RB spacers and I couldnt pass it up. Ive been off and on about lifting the Ex since I first got it but I think it will look really good. Just hoping it doesnt cause too many problems with the other components, I will be replacing upper ball joints with Moog problem solvers at the same time I do the install.

There goes the idea for the "hybrid" badge:(

Whenever you decide to lift it, let me know and I'll lend a hand if possible because I don't have much keeping me busy.

RE Subs = <3

I have a ( RE SXX 10'' ) = " The Baby Boom Box "

at the most ideal condition im pushing it with 700w RMS, and it takes up less space in my X !!!!!

I love RE Audio, in my eyes was/is one of the best subs around. Will out perform and sound better than a W7 for a fraction of the price. I do like there older stuff better, when it was made in USA. Took me forever to find the older style SE in a 15" for a good price. And Joel I think it makes it even more of a "HYBRID" with the lift.

I have had nothing but problems getting my Ex fixed but I finally have it back. Still not completely finished and it is dirty but I thought I would post a few pics. Dont mind the headlights they will be completely different in a few days ;). Pictures dont do the grille justice, Turdle did an amazing job on the powdercoat.

DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_0820.jpg

DSC_08232.jpg

Very nice. Looks like nothing ever happened. :thumbsup: to Turdle on the powdercoating; looks great!

And the chevy in the first pic.... :rolleyes:

Are you going to repaint the plastic fog housing and lower grill thing darker to more match the paint job?
Oh and by the way it looks great cant wait to see more

Yes those will get painted as well as mirrors, back applique panel, A-pillars and maybe the roof. Headlights are first on the list though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That grille looks awesome!!! And your sub box makes me wanna start a new project!! Time to ditch the Type R's and go with a 15" Fi BTL :D

Back