2002 Limited Updated Pics | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Limited Updated Pics

Looks great man! Looking forward to how the headlights turn out and we can do a night comparison with yours and mine at some point. Have you decided if you're going to put the lift on or what?

You know that picture I sent a few days ago when I had my Ex all cleaned up? She's been sitting pretty in the garage ever since and this morning my girl is like, can I drive it? AGGHHH!!! Said okay because with all the rain and cold temps moving in, I'd rather she be driving it instead of her car. Supposed to get a few inches of snow:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good choice on Fi they make great subs. I was debating between RE, FI, Digital Designs and Audioque. Found a great deal on the RE though. Joel all parts are ordered and on their way for the headlights so hopefully I will have them in by next week. I will be installing the lift here soon, Marcus just lifted his truck 3/2(Chevy in backround) and it looks really good. I just played in the little bit of snow we have so far on the way home, made me remember why I love the Ex so much.

Cool man! Don't be running into any deer or wrecking the Explorer!!! I was hoping Marcus would trade that POS in for a Raptor:D Drive safe and we're looking forward to updates on the lights!

I had a 2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer and hit a deer on the expressway with cruise on at 75 mph. It caused around $8,000 in damage in the end. Deer hit so hard that it broke the fan, water pump, and timing cover. Before they realized the cover was broken they told my insurance company that it had a blown head gasket and then the insurance called me and asked me how I blew the gasket and how long I let it run with out coolant. I called the shop and told them to look into the possibility of a broken cover since the fan and water pump was damaged. I was not impressed with their work and ended up selling car after I got it back. I do miss it though.

Good to see a fellow Overland Parker! Very impressive work on your vehicle, it looks awesome! Don't know why it took so long to stumble across this thread! What part of town are you in if you don't mind my asking?

Pretty sure he moved to California. limited02 would know

Ahhh I just saw 2-25, sometimes i forget it's 2012 not 2011. I blame school lol

RIP and thanks for being a tank and saving my life, and thank god no one besides me was injured. Not one airbag deployed

RIP and thanks for being a tank and saving my life, and thank god no one besides me was injured. Not one airbag deployed

Well son of a mother!!! What happened? I know you've been through a lot with the Explorer and it sucks to hear it ended. Hope all is well and you have a speedy recovery.

Airbags didn't deploy? Dang, I better figure out why my airbag light is on incase something were to happen to me.

Thanks guys. If I could tell you what happened I would. I just remember EMT pulling me out of car. All I know is there was two head on collissions two other vehicles damaged and i believe a light pole. Airbag light was not on and had no reason to not go off. This was definitely a life threatening accident. The claims lady said we reached 95% total damage before I was even finished with damage. ****ty thing is someone tried to break into my car and vandalized it 3 days before so I have two claims but the accident destroyed all evidence of vandalism.

Here in KS, if the cost of repairs exceed 75% of the cars value, then it's considered totaled.

Chillax as much as possible and hopefully all works out in the end.

Yah its 75% or 80% here as well so its definititely a total loss. Broken front Diff, headlights(yes the ones thst took like 6 months to make), Every component on suspension is crumpled including strut, frame is bent, 1 rim exploded the other grinded down to the tire. Rear bumber and hatch are destroyed/bent. Im going to see if the air bag malfunction was due to Olathe Ford or Ford in general but i doubt anything will come of it. I will have Mounty cluster with 4x4 hi low available for sale, passenger 06-09 taillight, alll parts needed for lexus rx afs projectorsretrofit phillips bulbs and denso ballasts(one light might actuallly not be broke so you could copy it and I have extra shroudand if I can pull it off bbk 75mm throttle body and plenum. I just dont have the oem ones so I dont know if I will be able to. Pictures to follow once uploaded

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0421.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

That rim has seen better days! Too bad we never got a photo of our rides together when you where around.

Glad your alright man, sorry about the truck. I know i would be so down if some one wrecked my truck. just remember that its a machine, and you can always rebuild / copy / improve. Hope you get things sorted out! And i to want to know why such an obviously brutal hit didnt set off your airbag...

Is that the only picture showing because that's nothing. Front diff snapped in half, side swiped first car knocking me out from head impact causing me to floor it so I was going about 60-70 head on with a wood high voltage pole , ran red light and t- boned two cars head on unconscious. Airbag failure caused possible head trauma, broken arm and collar bone. I would consider that life threatening enough for airbags to do less damage. Hopefully insurance goes after either Ford, Ford dealership it was purchased from, or Ford dealership that did repairs when I hit the deer. I knew it would never be the same car.

Good to see a fellow Overland Parker! Very impressive work on your vehicle, it looks awesome! Don't know why it took so long to stumble across this thread! What part of town are you in if you don't mind my asking?

Yah moved back to Cail a year ago. y parents live on Quivira and 151st ST and I lived in AMLI on Quivira and 135th and then De Soto for a short period of time. Ill be back to visit when it cools down, I know Joel (Limited02) is planning a little get together when I get back. Joel is a great guy and very knowledgeable and always willing to help if you ever have a question.

Yah moved back to Cail a year ago. y parents live on Quivira and 151st ST and I lived in AMLI on Quivira and 135th and then De Soto for a short period of time. Ill be back to visit when it cools down, I know Joel (Limited02) is planning a little get together when I get back. Joel is a great guy and very knowledgeable and always willing to help if you ever have a question.

:thumbsup:

All the pictures are showing. Between the deer and now this, I'm sure your insurance isn't loving you too much... Also, the last group that touched it was the dealership, so maybe something wasnt reinstalled properly?

When you get back up here, we need to try and get a few local guys together for a cruise night or something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unfortunately my last explorer update but I will still be lurking for your guys updates. Picked up a 98 Ranger with 4.0 CST lift, camburg shackles, fiberglass fenders and hood full cab cage and plenty of stuff I'm forgetting. I was able to replace a lot of aftermatket parts with oem off the explorer like port and polished plenum, bbk 75mm throttle body, grill, all hid stuff, mountaineer cluster with working 4x4 lights, only the passenger side 4th gen taillight was good, even got the v8 cover with mounts. Im probable going to put it on ebay or craigslist since I'm not elite

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

And my new suspension seats
IMAG0467.jpg

Back