Powder coating grills? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Powder coating grills?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OH YOU DID NOT JUST DO THE TTIWWP's on me!! lol the vehicle is washed and all grills are installed, but its cloudy outside, so im going to have to wait till a later date, i want to show these thins SHINING... i can literaly see myself in the one lol.

LOL! Looking forward to the pictures. What's next on the mod list?

I'm getting new tires next week! How should I ever get rid of my old ones;)

OH YOU DID NOT JUST DO THE TTIWWP's on me!! lol the vehicle is washed and all grills are installed, but its cloudy outside, so im going to have to wait till a later date, i want to show these thins SHINING... i can literaly see myself in the one lol.

cloudy day pics are better than no pics at all

LOL! Looking forward to the pictures. What's next on the mod list?

I'm getting new tires next week! How should I ever get rid of my old ones;)

What tires are you getting?

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE!! T-REX POWDERCOATED FRONT GRILLS!!! More to come when its sunny outside! Limited, i sure think the road needs re-surfacing in a few key places in gardner KS...also...maybe your front drive shaft needs a vacation? -hint-hint-nudge-. what tires? P-Zero's FTW.

CIMG0097.jpg

CIMG0096.jpg

CIMG0098.jpg

I can think of a road or two that needs some resurfacing:D

I'll be getting Hankook Ventus ST RH06 in 275/45/20. These tires seem to be popular on Lightnings and there's a shop that's giving me a KILLER deal. I've been researching them for a short while now and they seem like a good set of tires. Almost bought them online until I stopped by the tire shop on my way home and I'll be saving about $80 from the next best deal. I'll revive my old mod thread and post some pictures. Plan on paying it off next week and if there's anything left over, springs/shocks are next.

Grills looks great! Maybe I missed it, but I assume you got them black chromed? One day I'd like to get a Street Scene grill(upper/lower) and get them the same color as yours. Keep up the great work looking forward to future mods!!!

Mirror black was the color i went with. I think my next mod if i keep going is going to be the 2 inch drop with eibach sway bars. I dont know if im going to keep dropping money into this thing much longer.. cus even if i dump 10 grand into it, my STOCK T/a will keep up lol. If i do keep going the next in line is going to be the trick flow heads, crower stage 2 hi lift cames + springs, then a level 10 bullet proof trans, then a kenne bell supercharger... and then eventualy ill need a build short block.....so yeah lol.

It won't keep up when it snows!!! All I'm trying to do is get mine to run 14's and I'll be happy. You should be there and I hope you find out soon!

lol if i keep up these mods, the bullet proof level 10 is going to also include me losing the T-case and front pumpkin, so snow is a no go. Its funny, every time im sitting in my truck, i can totaly justify the next 15 or so grand to get it sitting on 400 horses in a daily drivable configuration... because it would basicaly be a brand new vehicle.....but still...thats a LOT of dough for such little power gains... though stable at 400 means it could handle easily 600 at the track.. So IDK.. time will tell...but i have to say...Willpower is no match for horsepower... ALSO, thinking about a black 20 inch X 10 Inch on the back end with P-Zeros, and a 20 X 8 on the front. Gotta get some rubber down on the ground if im going to be pushing much more...she already likes to kick the back end loose when i have the front drive shaft out.

MORE PICS!!!

CIMG0100.jpg

CIMG0099.jpg

CIMG0102.jpg

ANNNND my NEW GPS SYSTEM!!...sorry bad pics.

CIMG0104.jpg

If you are going to buy the Pirelli P-Zero, then you're nuts!!! Plus they don't have my size available. I can get 4 Hankook Ventus ST RH06 tires mounted and balanced cheaper than I can by buying just 2 P-Zero's! The tires I am getting have a 50,000 mile warranty, the P-Zero's would be lucky to go 15,000! Just a thought;)

Pictures look good!

yes BUT, which tire hooks up better? maybe i should go with some MT street drag tires lol. maybe ill look into these hankook wraps...

I've been really happy with my toyo proxes st's I'll get about 25k on them, and they hook. I need something a bit narrower up front now that I'm rid of the awd though the 275's are a bit much. My next set I want to go to a 295 in the back and 255 up front since that's the smallest I can fit on my 17x9's.

yes BUT, which tire hooks up better? maybe i should go with some MT street drag tires lol. maybe ill look into these hankook wraps...

If you were to get 20x8.5's on the rear with some Hankooks(or any tire) to fill them out, I doubt you will be spinning much. Maybe a little squeal in first, but you'll hook quickly and be moving out. They way I look at it is you spend half what you would with the P-Zero's and get triple the milage at cost of a little traction loss. Saving money on tires means more money for something else...

I know that both you and Eric are not making enough power to light your tires up through first unless you are power braking or it's wet out. The tires Eric have are a better performing tire than what I'm getting, but I don't want to replace them in 25,000 (plus I save a little $) and I don't drive hard enough to need that good of tire. Now Eric on the other hand, I've seen(and heard) him drive enough to know his tires are what he needs. (Remember leaving KCIR and kicking it sideways! Don't need to remind you of Mounty #1 :roll: )

Now I hope I don't sound to pushy or offend anyone, reading something is different than hearing it in person;) Either way, mod on and kick some ass!

no your absolutely right. Less on tires means fuel delivery mods! I don't light them up. But alaska roads are crap and I can totaly spin the back tires with out much difficulty. I still think I'm going to go with a 10 wide though. Should be getting my drop and bars in a month or so. Heads and cams are on the block for october ish.

Back