last wash ever ( pics of my merc)

eburg_dub

Reaction score
City, State
Eburg PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 mountaineer
I had my Merc for little over 2 years
I love it best car Ive ever owned other then the stupid rear wheel bearing it was absolutely trouble free.

I need a car that get a better gas mileage since i drive to work 70miles one way .
So to the dealer it goes next week
100_2728.jpg

100_2727.jpg

100_2725.jpg

100_2726.jpg

100_2732.jpg

100_2725.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer is going to be like "ay, double yew tee eff, boy, this aint no american car - its got them there european plates. you some kind of european boy?"

thats a sweet lookin mounty what r u thinkin of getting

What mpg are you currently getting? If you change out the harmonic ballancer for an under drive one and installed an electric fan you could peak your highway mpg to 24.

In my '02 four door explorer I easily get 23-24 on the highway with just my under drive pulley, I don't have an electric fan yet.

between all my mods (igniton, cai, tune, headers, exhaust, manifold + elbow, steeda pullies, E - Fan. I can get close to 27 mph on the highway if i can keep my lead foot off the pedal. 65 is the sweet spot for me.

Sorry to see your getting rid of your ride, shes a beauty!! Keep it in the ford family eh? The new taurus's are realy looking good to me...

What mpg are you currently getting? If you change out the harmonic ballancer for an under drive one and installed an electric fan you could peak your highway mpg to 24.

In my '02 four door explorer I easily get 23-24 on the highway with just my under drive pulley, I don't have an electric fan yet.

15mpg as per computer
Im thinking about jetta tdi or a new sonata ( damn good car BTW)

pros of kipping this truck
- love the way it looks
- love the way it drives
- I can fit my smoking crew from work ( no smoking anywhere on campus )

Cons

-MPG's
- I have to park way out back at work with the rest of the suv's anpick ups
- Needs new springs, shocks, most of the front end, tires and trans is staring to slip not bad at all but this will need attention in the near future

My dad has either an 08 or 09 sonata. He has already put on 60k miles since he bought it new. The only problem he has ever had with it was that the front light bulbs in the headlights keep going out every year, and their not cheap. That and the dealership keeps installing the headbulbs backwards every time they switch them out. But this has been covered by the warantee.

Can't beat the 10 year 100k miles warantee. easily gets 31 on the highway too.

I also get 500 miles to a tank in my ex. I drive 90 miles a day to school.

You also gota factor in the cost of buying a new/ (newer) car over the mpg increase. I'm assuming that you have your mounty paid off, and with the forum, there isn't a single repair that you couldn't do yourself :)

Some of you are getting some crazy gas milage out of these rigs! I'm barely breaking 300 miles to a tank(mix city/hwy)

Now what are your requirments for a newer car? You can get a 2010 Mustang GT for a steal because dealers are trying to move them for the 2011 5.0's. A 2011 V6 Mustang is nearly as fast as a 2010 Mustang GT... Either will net you near 30mpg depending on how you drive.

Any chance of you looking into a 2010 Fusion?

Good luck with what you decide and thanks for being a part of this forum. Your Mounty was one of my favorites!!!

Great looking Mounty!! Hate to hear what dealership offers you for trade.

I saw a new Sonata a few weeks ago, couldnt believe it was a Hyundai. Great Looking car. I actually thought it was German before I saw the emblem.

TDI diesels are sick cars...

my friend has a 2003 Golf TDI with Manual Transmission...

Mods - Intake, 3'' TBE, Tune...

he easily is getting well over 40+ MPG on the Highway...

Holy TQ pull also !!!! could you imagine a Turbo Diesel Explorer ??????

Haha dude a tdi in our trucks would make me cry with joy. I read something about vw's new 2 ton suv overseas gets like 31 mpg with the v8 diesel. The v6 got like 38 and the v6 got better mpg's than it's hybrid counterpart. I'm dreaming of the day that Diesels really come over here in mid size suvs and pickups and such. Ok I'll stop rambling. I love the truck man sad you'd be getting rid of it but I completely get what you are going on.

love your truck. actually looked at a new sonata today, came really close to buying it too but then the dealer confused me with some lease to buy option. one thing I really didnt like though was the steering on it, it just felt weird to me way to sensative. also I hit my head a few times getting in and out of the back seat and im only 5'10. otherwise for $21K (dealer only had gls with convienience pack, I wanted se) it was a good car it had power seat, bluetooth, ipod capability, some other things I dont remember and its a damn good looking car.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on my way to trade it in, stopped at best buy,
thank you mr hit and run !!! right now im out of 1200 to get that fixed
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
100_2737.jpg

nooo!!!!!!!!! haha. this was the sickest mounty ever! it sux to see it go. you should realy keep your next car in the ford family tho.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on my way to trade it in, stopped at best buy,
thank you mr hit and run !!! right now im out of 1200 to get that fixed
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe that was a sign not to get rid of it!!

That is not good--looks like whatever hit you was pretty tall. Dont see any damage beneath the rear window. If you are going to still trade it in I would find a not too expensive place to repair it.

I second Rondo! This is a sign from the Ford Gods that you're not supposed to get rid of that beautiful truck! Seriously though, that sucks. Just glad you didn't get hurt or anything. I would see if BestBuy has cameras that maybe caught the hit and run. Just a thought.

But if you still feel the need to get rid of it, BUY AMERICAN! None of this Hyundai/VW talk. Get another Ford, or if you must, a GM (gag).

Aside from the new Camaro I would rather have a Hyundo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aside from the new Camaro I would rather have a Hyundo

The only GM's I would buy would be any Cadillac or a Corvette.

But my parents have a Malibu LTZ that's pretty damn nice, for a GM. :p:

Back