Just installed clear corners | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just installed clear corners

Autozone.
It was a bit difficult being no else did this. Caldwell is going to be installing an intake similar to this on his X. He has a few better ideas on the intake like a different elbow angle, but its got the 60 degree elbow angle piece, vacuum piece and a modified 4" straight piece (cut down to 3")
Or...do this:
-new intake (the filter has since been replaced with a k&n 4" universal)

20100806110356.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

isnt that a kkm cai?

Nope universal autozone intake. He modified the MAF housing on that intake to get the MAF to fit.

i might have to check it out but ill try and remember to get some pics of my corners

Alright sounds good. Your future mods in your sig sounds like your going to have a good-looking explorer. :thumbsup:

Nice corners! I have some clears on my 96 and I will never ever go back to stock. Clears make everything so sweet. Expecially with the silverstar bulbs that have that blue tint

tryin to post some pics ... never done it ... instructions please lol

army...
at the top of the quick reply below where it says message: click the mountain with the sun above it and insert the link of the picture.

mommyandwife09

there is some pics of the corners ... sorry for the quality its raining

IMGP1476.jpg

IMGP1475.jpg

there is some pics of the corners ... sorry for the quality its raining

Use these links from photobucket's website to post pics here. Just right click on the photo, and copy and past the url in the properties setting
pic #1: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv47/mommyandwife09/2005 X/IMGP1476.jpg
pic #2: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv47/mommyandwife09/2005 X/IMGP1475.jpg

Picture didn't load....but I copy and pasted the link. Good looking explorer you got there. :thumbsup:
To upload a picture from imageshack photobucket, etc.
Just get the direct link to the photo. And copy and paste the link including over the http:// in the space provided after you click the image button.

alright ... thanks man

I like those smoked corners and for only 18 bucks you can't really go wrong. I will most likely pic up some of them around the first of the month. Your X looks alot like mine used to!

Your X is looking good, whenever you get some smoked head lights on there your X will even look better.

thanks guys ... the smoked corners did alot to the front ... makes the corners look like they belong there lol

hmm...what does that front license plate say.... geo....(something) :D

it says georgia princess (wifes car) just sold my jeep so its the DD for now DONT HATE lol

Wow...lol... must suck when you just take it for a drive somewhere, having that plate on the front :D lol
I was going to get a Jeep...Wrangler instead of my 05 explorer. But I was $3k short of the asking price :( (this wrangler had all I wanted, lift, rims, exhaust, etc.) But my X is alright for what it is. I'm thinking of replacing my 98 X with a similar year wrangler, with the lift installed already.

i get crap all the time about the tag :salute: i had a 91 wrangler i was fun but rode rough as hell and jeep parts are so expensive

--I get crap just for driving an explorer. A friend keeps asking me why I bought a soccer mom car, but I like the car.
--Noticed that with the 05 wrangler I looked at, every bump in the road you could feel. It had the famous death wobble on it. Also it must have been a "princess jeep" with all the chrome on it, from the bumpers to the grille to the mirror. It was all chromed up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha princess jeep ... mine was far from it ... all primer with a blue windshield 3" body and 2" shackle lift with 33x12.50 bfg ats ... all cheap with a horrible ride quality lol with a top speed of about 75 lol

Back